NBA All Star 2009 Concept

AAO

You never cease to amaze me, AAO. This is incredible work as always. Of course Ive always been one for the players wearing thier actual teams unifroms at the game, but if I wanted to see any all-star game uniform, it would most defietely be this one. Awesome job, AAO. 12 out of 10!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Ive always been one for the players wearing thier actual teams unifroms at the game, but if I wanted to see any all-star game uniform, it would most defietely be this one.

See, I think that works in baseball where everyone's roles as hitters, runners, and fielders are clearly defined on the wide swath of real estate that is a baseball field, but in a basketball game, you shouldn't have ten people running around a small space in ten different uniforms. Aesthetic and logistical nightmare. Guys in park district leagues make the effort to wear the same colored t-shirt at the gym; the NBA can spring for all-star uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ive always been one for the players wearing thier actual teams unifroms at the game, but if I wanted to see any all-star game uniform, it would most defietely be this one.

See, I think that works in baseball where everyone's roles as hitters, runners, and fielders are clearly defined on the wide swath of real estate that is a baseball field, but in a basketball game, you shouldn't have ten people running around a small space in ten different uniforms. Aesthetic and logistical nightmare. Guys in park district leagues make the effort to wear the same colored t-shirt at the gym; the NBA can spring for all-star uniforms.

From, I believe, 96/97-01/02 the NBA All-Stars wore their regular game jerseys.

Example

Oh and nice work AAO.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Nice unis. As you said, they are busy, but something about them still makes me like them. The one thing that bothers me is in the logo, it could use some more contrast. I'd say switch the blue and the gold in the logo, so that the rays are gold and the stars are blue. Everything looks mushed together now and there's no real distinction between each thing.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Nice unis. As you said, they are busy, but something about them still makes me like them. The one thing that bothers me is in the logo, it could use some more contrast. I'd say switch the blue and the gold in the logo, so that the rays are gold and the stars are blue. Everything looks mushed together now and there's no real distinction between each thing.

This is the actual Alt. Logo.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

very nice work indeed sir. lovin those wordmarks.

i wouldnt mind seeing a jersey idea utilizing the "striping" of the alternating reds and alternating blues on the side panels, ala 70s Bucks uni's...but more modernly done of course...

this reminds me, is there a thread for the discussion of the whole AS09 logo set yet?

Too busy for me. Am I missing an image or something? To me I don't see much of an "identity" for the game which has recently become a big thing. I see the basketball/sun/mountain logo, but I don't think that functions at all as a primary mark for the league's biggest weekend. Next time come as strong as you usually do. I'm sorry if this sounds at all harsh, but I usually love your work, and this....well it isn't use-able at all. Since it is in the concept section and is very clean and well rendered people will like it, but I am just imagining this in real life being leaked in the "sports logos" section and being torn apart like the new Timberwolves unis were. I'm sorry, but these don't fit the region, game, or league very well in terms of being used for an All-Star game. I would love to see you take another stab at this with a primary logo for the weekend and the game and some simplified uniforms. I do like the uniform colors though, if that matters.

edit: also, the logo you have used is a perfect secondary mark, I just think you need a primary to go with it.

Well, the subtitle says, uniforms & wordmarks, which was all I was doing. The primary would be the actual 2009 Phoenix primary. The wordmark does tie in with the star/nba logoman secondary with the ascending, descending stripes theme. Thanks for your feedback though people.

Well, the subtitle says, uniforms & wordmarks, which was all I was doing. The primary would be the actual 2009 Phoenix primary. The wordmark does tie in with the star/nba logoman secondary with the ascending, descending stripes theme. Thanks for your feedback though people.

Wow, my fault. I had not even seen those logos before, only the primary, which is why I didn't think it tied in. Sorry. I still feel that the uniforms and wordmarks are busy, but I thought you were trying to do an entirely different thing than you were. I should read better next time. Carry on.

Do any of you supose that the uniform may be purple and orange or some other color from the Suns scheme instead of the Red vs Blue theme that is copied somewhat from the NFL Pro-Bowl? I remember the last time the game was out in Phoenix and the cactus uniforms. Man those were hideous! Well maybe I am exaggerating somewhat, lets just say they are very dated in the 1990s style/fashion.

95allstar_shaq.jpg

KUHawks.png

No worries.

Should've entered this in Paul Lukas' OKC design 'contest'...

Sure...and if he had half a brain, you would have won as soon as he saw "Copyright 2008 Ian Bakar" on it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived