Kansas City Wizards

logoman

UPDATED/CORRECTED COLOR KITS BELOW

As I stated in my New England Revolution thread, I am working on some different soccer templates. For this version, I decided I would do the Wizards.

Their kits and logos have always been lacking something. First the Wiz and now just a wordmark for a crest. Now, I'm not certain mine is any better, but at least it is a crest. I wanted to stay away from old guys in pointy hats and dragons and Harry Potter so I was left with nothing. Until I took the fountain symbol from KC's city seal and flag. I know, fountains have nothing to do with wizards, but I felt it was just abstract enough to work. Maybe I was right, maybe not.

Anyway, I wanted more traditional kits for them, so I went with hoops for the home and solids for the road. I used AMC Theatres as a sponsor because they are based in KC. ( I didn't like the way the H&R Block logo looked on the kits.) So, this is actually more about the template, than the Wizards, but maybe you'll like them.

KANSASCITYWIZARDS.png

I agree with pretty much everyone who posted; the crest looks really awesome. The uniforms look great, too. I'm kind of on the fence about how the numbers look, but everything looks beautiful. Good job!

The color or the style? I used the MLS number font. Thanks for the nice words.

I admit I lightened the blue a little for better contrast with the black, but I used KC's official colors.They use blue more prominent in their kits but black and yellow are used.

The dark color currently on their kits isn't black, it's navy.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Okay, I am an idiot. Mockba is right. I used the colors from their wordmark. (Which by the way, is the only place they use black.) I haven't paid any attention to the Wizards since 2000 so I was going off the crest colors. Thank you, Mockba for the correction. I appreciate it.I updated the kits to match colors.

KCWIZARDSNAVY.png

Okay, I am an idiot. Mockba is right. I used the colors from their wordmark. (Which by the way, is the only place they use black.) I haven't paid any attention to the Wizards since 2000 so I was going off the crest colors. Thank you, Mockba for the correction. I appreciate it.I updated the kits to match colors.

KCWIZARDSNAVY.png

these are fantastic. i'm not a fan of the wizards but these totally do them justice. the crest is wonderful and would hold its own in any league.

AND NO TRIPLE STRIPE TRIM! love it.

This set is ridiculous-in the good way. You've really outdone yourself. I think abstract is exactly what the Wizards need. You improved on what they are trying to do now (stay free of any kind of wizard/wizard of oz imagery) with a beautifully executed and classy crest. The colors could sort of a subtle tie in to the Royals, too. Fantastic, fantastic job.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't mean to bring up an old topic, but wow.....

Being from KC, and an avid Wizards fan, I love these concepts. Their current jerseys aren't bad, but they aren't good either. They are just simply...there. I have always thought they needed a crest, and the one you made is very cool. Great job.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived