Has this ever happened to you?

aryehz99

yes but the other way around, i loved the anahime angles when they had this set of logos

503.gif

then the started calling themselfs the la angles and got the ugly red that has absolutly no veriaty at all.

they need qa makeover more then any other team in the mlb imo

Totally agree... Love the Edmonds era, A-wing angels.... Stopped following anything they did when they went to the red halo "A". Turned out to be the beginning of the end, could never cheer for a team called the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim....

dropping these ones broke my heart too,

2134315680100337552nhLZyQ_fs.jpg

Sabres-tm.jpg

Still love the sabres, cant stand the 'nucks now.....

franchise.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love dthe Orange Crush and the Broncos were my 2nd fave team.

I'll never forget the first time I saw their new "swoosh" unis. It was a playoff game in the first yearof the new unis. I said "what in the world is that??!!" and from that day forward, I lost interest in the Broncos.

2 years back, I called the Broncos and asked the receptionist where I could submit my concept for a new uniform. She very rudely told me "they just got new uniforms". If she had been a nice lady, her gross inaccuracy wouldn't have bothered me, but she was rude, I wanted to rip her up verbally. But goodness prevailed and I didn't.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I first got interested in the Atlanta Falcons in 1990 when they went to the black helmet and home jerseys. At that time the Chicago Bears were my favorite team and had been since 1984 because Walter Payton was my dad's favorite player of the era, and then of course the next year they were pure celebrities and went on to win SB XX so I really didn't pay a lot of attention to any other teams save the Pats (because they were the Bears' opponent in the SB) and the Broncos. When I saw Atlanta come out in the preseason that year in the black duds I was floored...loved it! The Bears had a nice bounce-back season and went on to the playoffs only to lose to the Giants, but that set the stage for 1991, when the Falcons had all those 4th quarter come-backs and went on to beat the Saints on the road in the first round of the playoffs...from then on I was hooked and they've been my favorite team in pro sports since.

I always liked the Astros because they're kinda the home team to where I'm from, but when I got into sports and baseball they were still wearing the original rainbows (1986) and that's what they were wearing when I watched that epic 16 inning game 6 of the NLCS vs the Mets, so that's what I associated the Astros with. The next year the original rainbows were gone forever but they were still pretty much my team along with the Cubs (because of WGN) and I still follow them today even though Seattle, Florida,Boston, and the Cubs have all passed them as my fave MLB teams.

And speaking of Seattle, granted Griffey Jr and the Big Unit had some to do with it too, but when the Mariners switched to the currents in 1993, by 1994 they were my team, as was the brand-new Florida Marlins, so I didn't feel like a "swimmer" when they started winning in 1997 and 2003 because I was on-boad from the beginning...because I liked the unis.

In the NBA it was the Sacremento Kings, who were non-existant to me until they went to purple and black and drafted Corliss Williamson the following season...the Kings were my team...along with the T-Wolves...who also made the switch in unis and started winning, but it helped that Garnett was one of my favorite players.

I have also hated teams because of their colors, for example the Cleveland Browns and the old brown Padres. I thought brown looked horrid and I couldn't cheer for any team that wore it. But then suddenly about 5 years ago, the styles in clothing and fashion changed, and brown was suddenly everywhere. Add to this that throwbacks hit their all-time peak in 2003 and a lot of things ugly and old were new and cool again, and suddenly the Browns had a nice, classic color-combo I.M.O...and the old Pads weren't THAT bad, but I still prefer the navy and orange much better.

98Falcons.png

It may not fit here, but.

I've got to say, I've liked the Titans far more than I ever liked the Oilers. As well as, I like the Texas far more than I ever liked the Oilers.

Although a Bulls fan, my other favorites in my youth were the New York Nets because of their unis with the red/blue panel with stars down the left side, and the Bullets, with the red/blue panel with stars across the front. Those two uniforms remain my favorite basketball uniforms to this day.

In the NFL its no contest. Although a lifelong Bears fan to this day, when the Bengals went to their original tiger stripes, I was totally hooked. Anderson and Collinsworth were my favorite players and the Superbowl loss to the 49ers remains the most painful championship event I have ever watched.

In baseball, their rainbow guts made me adopt Houston as my secondary favorite. Nolan Ryan on the team didn't hurt either.

LT

When I first moved to Minnesota, I had a hard time getting into the Wild because they had a collective nickname, Christmas colors, and late-90s looking jerseys. But when they added their red third jerseys (which evolved into permanent home jerseys) I came to overlook the unfortunate nickname and appreciate the unique colors. It helped that they acquired my favorite player Brian Rolston (who has since left, but that's for another topic).

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

When the Brewers switched to the Germanic look in '94, I liked it to the point where I eventually bought a cap and jersey. When they shifted to the National League in '98, they became my NL team of choice because they just looked so dang good. These days, my NL loyalties are split between the Brewers and Padres, by sheer virtue of the Swingin' Friar.

And once the Hartford Whalers switched to navy, it was love.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

yes but the other way around, i loved the anahime angles when they had this set of logos

503.gif

then the started calling themselfs the la angles and got the ugly red that has absolutly no veriaty at all.

they need qa makeover more then any other team in the mlb imo

To each his own, I suppose, but the current Angels uniforms are more in line with what they've traditionally worn, and most people think those periwinkle uniforms were horrid. I'm one of those.

s_glaus_i.jpgs_angels5_i.jpg

best uniforms ever

Archived