Baseball Park question

HatManTC

how long before a ball game do most parks open up? i am going to a Rays game next month and we want to go in and watch BP and hopefully get some autographs. i check the Rays official site and i cant find any information about it. thanks guys

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

how long before a ball game do most parks open up? i am going to a Rays game next month and we want to go in and watch BP and hopefully get some autographs. i check the Rays official site and i cant find any information about it. thanks guys

Toronto is 90 mins before first pitch on weekdays, 120 mins before on weekends... Pittsburgh (i think) is 2 hours before on weekdays, and 3 on weekends.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The usual is 90 minutes. Highly doubt you will be able to see the rays with bp. You will see the visiting team. Only reason is because i went to about 20 nats games in 2006 and that is what usually happened. The gates opened at 5:30. Not sure if that is the same now....

I haven't been to Dodger Stadium in a while, but I know a few years ago the Angels started opening up 2 hours before game time so fans could catch the last half hour of BP; but I'd say an hour and a half before the start of the game. You could do the simple thing and pick up the phone and call them.

From the Rays website

"Fans attending games at Tropicana Field are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy tailgating, live bands and baseball activities. Gates will open 2 hours prior to game time for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games, and 1 hour 30 minutes prior to game time Monday through Thursday. "

They had it listed under parking, go figure.

Archived