2008 NCAA FBS Uniform Combinations

praeda

I'm really beginning to like football uniforms that have a light colored jersey sandwiched in between a dark helmet and dark pants. I think it looks really good. Now all they need to do to fix these is to change the number to white outlined in black.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shameless bump for Week 5. Thank you to TFoA for pointing out that Virginia Tech was wearing their retros again, as I could have easily missed that. Thank you to DirtyCurty for pointing out the orange jerseys. Sadly, as a USC alum, I am unable to render a verdict on them.

Most interesting to me this were were some third jerseys (or primary dark jerseys) being used for the first time this year: West Virginia (Old Gold), UTEP (Orange), Wyoming (Gold, something I had never charted before), California (Blue), Oregon State (Orange), Georgia (Black), and South Carolina (Black).

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: Maryland (White/Red), Virginia (White/Blue), Virginia Tech (Burnt Orange/Throwback White/Throwback White), Cincinnati (White/White), South Florida (White/Green), West Virginia (Old Gold/Blue), Texas-El Paso (Orange/Orange), Akron (Blue/Blue), Eastern Michigan (Green/Black), Western Michigan (White/Black), Wyoming (Gold/White), California (Blue/Blue), Oregon (Green/White/Green), Oregon State (Orange/Black), Georgia (Black/Gray), South Carolina (Black/White), and Tennessee (White/White).

Yet to wear their darks in 2008 are: Georgia Tech and Louisiana State.

Yet to wear their lights in 2008 are: Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Missouri, Nebraska, Louisville, Indiana, and Arizona State.

Shameless bump for Week 6.

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: Texas Tech (White/Black), Rutgers (White/White), West Virginia (Blue/White), Minnesota (Maroon/Maroon), Texas-El Paso (White/Orange), Tulsa (Old Gold/1950s Inspired Crimson/Gold), Arizona (Navy/Navy), California (Blue/White), Oregon (Green/White/White), Oregon State (White/Black), South Carolina (White/White), Middle Tennessee (Black/Black), and Western Kentucky (White/Silver, actually first worn in Week 5).

Yet to wear their lights in 2008 are: Clemson, Duke, Nebraska, and Louisville.

Shameless bump for Week 7.

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: Virginia (Blue/Blue), Wake Forest (Black/Black), Colorado (White/Black), Texas Tech (Scarlet/Black), Illinois (Blue/White), Southern Mississippi (Black/Black), Toledo (White/Midnight Blue), Arizona (White/Navy), Oregon (Green/Black/Black), and Western Kentucky (Red/Silver).

Yet to wear their lights in 2008 is: Duke.

Mizzou wore the yellow pants for the first time this year. Thought it was a breath of fresh air to see them, but now wish they'd stick to the black pants since they frickin lost in them. Though I'd like to see the black jersey/white pants combo.

The Tigers actually wore the gold pants against Illinois too. I prefer them to the all-black look.

Shameless bump for Week 8.

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: Clemson (Burnt Orange/Burnt Orange), Maryland (Black/White), Wake Forest (White/Black), Baylor (White/White), South Florida (Green/White), Syracuse (White/White), Tulsa (Royal Blue/Royal Blue), Texas Christian (Black/Purple), Arizona (Cardinal/Cardinal), Vanderbilt (White/Gold), Louisiana-Lafayette (Vermillion/Vermillion), and Middle Tennessee (White/Black).

Yet to wear their lights in 2008 is: Duke.

Shameless bump for Week 9.

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: Maryland (Red/Red), Miami (Florida) (Green/White), North Carolina State (White/Red), Wake Forest (White/Old Gold), Kansas (Crimson/Gray), Texas A&M (White/White), Connecticut (National Flag Blue/National Flag Blue), Louisville (Red/Black), West Virginia (Blue/Blue), Southern Mississippi (White/White), Colorado State (White/Green), Arizona State (Maroon/Maroon), California (Blue/Gold), Oregon (White/White/Yellow), Boise State (White/Orange), and Hawaii (Black/Green).

Shameless bump for Week 10.

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: Clemson (White/Burnt Orange), Colorado (White/Gold), Louisville (Blue/White), West Virginia (White/Old Gold), East Carolina (White/Purple), Marshall (Green/Green/Green), Southern Mississippi (Gold/Gold), Buffalo (White/White), Colorado State (Green/Green), Wyoming (Gold/Gold), California (Gold/Gold), Oregon (White/White/White), Florida (White/White), Arkansas State (White/Black), and New Mexico State (Crimson/White).

Yet to wear their darks in 2008 is: Georgia Tech.

I wonder if the Yellow Jackets will ever wear their darks in 2008.

Shameless bump for Week 11.

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: North Carolina (Navy Blue/White), Virginia Tech (Chicago Maroon/Chicago Maroon), Wake Forest (Old Gold/Black), Kansas State (White/Silver) Louisville (White/White), Texas-El Paso (White/Dark Blue), Buffalo (Royal Blue/Royal Blue), Western Michigan (Black/White), Utah (Black/Black), California (White/Blue), and Oregon (Green/Black/Yellow).

Shameless bump for Week 11.

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: North Carolina (Navy Blue/White), Virginia Tech (Chicago Maroon/Chicago Maroon), Wake Forest (Old Gold/Black), Kansas State (White/Silver) Louisville (White/White), Texas-El Paso (White/Dark Blue), Buffalo (Royal Blue/Royal Blue), Western Michigan (Black/White), Utah (Black/Black), California (White/Blue), and Oregon (Green/Black/Yellow).

I'm guessing we won't see Tech's Golds (or the rumored alternate blues) unless they play in the ACC Championship game (extraordinarily unlikely) or against LSU in a bowl game. The Miami game (which is, I believe, the final home game of the year) is a planned white-out, and I doubt they're doing that just to have Miami show up in white.

Shameless bump for Week 12.

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: Duke (White/Royal Blue), Florida State (Black/Black), Virginia Tech (White/Chicago Maroon), Kansas State (Purple/Purple), Oklahoma State (White/White), Houston (Scarlet/Scarlet), Wyoming (White/Gold), Oregon (Black/Black Special/Black), Mississippi State (White/Maroon) and Vanderbilt (White/Black).

In the Big East, this Staurday Nov. 22nd. The Cincinnati Bearcats will be wearing red jerseys with black pants in their game against Pittsburgh. This is called the Ring of Red game. Along with the red jerseys, they ask the fans to wear red also.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Shameless bump for Week 13.

I cannot find a full photo of Akron?Ohio. I know that I have Ohio's uniform correct, but I cannot see Akron's pants in the sole photo I've found. If you have information, please share! (Otherwise, I hope that the student newspapers have some decent photos.)

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: Clemson (White/Northwest Purple), Maryland (Black/Black), Cincinnati (Red/Black), Illinois (White/Blue), Central Michigan (Gold/Maroon), Washington State (Crimson ?Cougars?/Crimson/Crimson), Mississippi (Cardinal Red/Gray), and Vanderbilt (Gold/Black).

I cannot find a full photo of Akron?Ohio. I know that I have Ohio's uniform correct, but I cannot see Akron's pants in the sole photo I've found. If you have information, please share! (Otherwise, I hope that the student newspapers have some decent photos.)

Akron wore their blue pants

Akron wore their blue pants

Thanks!

Shameless bump for Week 14.

New combinations for 2008 were worn by: North Carolina State (Red/Red), Kansas (White/White), Missouri (Old Gold/Black), Oklahoma State (Orange/Orange), Cincinnati (Black/White), Houston (White/White), Tulsa (White/Royal Blue), Washington State (Crimson ?Cougars?/White/Crimson), and Louisiana Tech (Red/White).

Archived