Dolphin Stadium Field

SCL

I know this topic came up before...searched but couldn't find it. What is the word on the field artwork for Dolphin stadium this year? As is it is baseball season last night obviously didn't shed any light. Are they going to put Miami in each enzone in orange to satisfy the Hurricanes and Dolphins, or are they goign to put paint over paint...something that never looks good imo?

once baseball season is over the endzones will be painted with the plain lines with the dolphins and canes logos changing at midfield depending on who's playing.

It seems like the diagonal lines in the endzone is becoming a trend among NFL teams. The Steelers have used it, the Packers, now the Dolphins.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

once baseball season is over the endzones will be painted with the plain lines with the dolphins and canes logos changing at midfield depending on who's playing.

It seems like the diagonal lines in the endzone is becoming a trend among NFL teams. The Steelers have used it, the Packers, now the Dolphins.

The Steelers have been using the diagonal lines on one end zone and "Pittsburgh" in the other until the Pitt Panthers complete their home games; then they put "Steelers" in the end zone with the diagonal lines for the remaining NFL games.

The Steelers have been using the diagonal lines on one end zone and "Pittsburgh" in the other until the Pitt Panthers complete their home games; then they put "Steelers" in the end zone with the diagonal lines for the remaining NFL games.

i just dont get why Pittsburgh wouldn't just put PITTSBURGH in both endzones.

i just dont get why Pittsburgh wouldn't just put PITTSBURGH in both endzones.

Ive wondered this myself, I certainly think it would look better with some consistency in both endzones.

Yes... The paint colors in the PITTSBURGH endzone do change to match each team. I think the diagonal lines for the other teams are just for pre-season. Last year , the PACKERS went that rout for the Anniversary. I wonderif it is a permanent change. The grounds crew keep it simple in most stadiums or use all white. They jazz up the field for the regular season.

They use diagonal lines at the Meadowlands for the Jets and Giants during the preseason only...

JETS and GIANTS are painted each regular season week in both endzones though.

And when it used to be astroturf, there were JETS and GIANTS endzones that were interchangeable. One piece could come out and be replaced by the other team. In fact, the Jets played Seattle in 1998 and one endzone was plain green because an unusually warm December caused one of the endzones to wrinkle up and become unsuitable for playing. It was the "Phantom QB Sneak TD" game from Vinny Testaverde, one of the terrible calls that season which led to the push for replay as it is today...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived