Sixshooters Logo concept

jaha32

I have yet another logo idea. Sorry for flooding this site with so much of my stuff in just a matter of a few hrs but I finally learned how to post on this site and am psyched to finally do it.

I like the name Sixshooters for a basketball team (too bad there arent guns called five-shooters because that would make even more sense). Some of you might be thinking this is like Yosemite Sam and I didnt even realize that until halfway through. Maybe I was inspired by him subconsciously. I did use gradiants for the wordmark and the "A"/"profile head view" and I know a lot of people dislike overuse of gradiants but I like it here, at least in the wordmark, not sure about the other one though.

So let me know what you think or would change if anything. Thanks

SixshootersJPG-1.jpg

Nice. Creative and cartoony. I like. I think this would be great for a college team or a minor league team.

While it is nice, I think that it can be improved some though. Ditch the gradients altogether. The rebel is red with no orange in sight. Be consistent and make the wordmark and 'A' logo red instead of having the red/orange gradient.

A nice start though.

I knew the gradients would have to go eventually. I will take them out when I get a chance but I cant think of anothe color to place behind the "A". I'll figure something out. THere actually is orange and red in the rebel guy but they are probably too close in color to even notice at a quick glance so I may need to fix that. That "A" logo doesnt really match the style of the others but when I thought of it I had to do it. It is more of a baseball cap logo than anything else. your right.

Thanks for the feedback

Very nice, but at first glance, the bottom left looked like sunshooters.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I reposted the updates I made. Got rid of the gradients which should make it all look better. Im still not sure about the cartoony script "Sixshooters" and I tried to change it a little so it doesnt look like Sunshooters or anything else. Is it more legible now? If not I may just ditch that script all together, but the "A" in the bottom right hopefully looks better now.

I think if you fixed the right side of the A so its not like super thick on one side and normal on the other as well as the face of the cowboy...its creeping me out. It looks lopsided or something, its like he's turning his head to the left side and looking down at his left foot and then his eyes staring at you.

Other wise, the other stuff is pretty awesome, from the neck down, the guns, the sixshooters wordmark and everything.

What about for a tertiary, you show the barrel of the gun in a 6 with 6 bullets? then in the engraving for manufacturer which is sometimes on the barrel end i think, type in sixshooters or austin?

Just a thought. Sorry if it sounds like i am dissing your work.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

There I changed his left (our right) eye. I added the white part of the eye on the inside near the nose to make it less creepy. The idea before was that that part of the eye was in the shadow of his nose but if that wasnt coming off clearly to you it means I needed to fix it. The head is kind of slanted down to our right as well since the idea was that he is not just straight up and down but that his arms and head are flailing all over the place so that may be why he looks lopsided. but the eye definitely needed to be fixed so thanks for seeing that and hopefully this is better.

• 1 month later...
I have yet another logo idea. Sorry for flooding this site with so much of my stuff in just a matter of a few hrs but I finally learned how to post on this site and am psyched to finally do it.

I like the name Sixshooters for a basketball team (too bad there arent guns called five-shooters because that would make even more sense). Some of you might be thinking this is like Yosemite Sam and I didnt even realize that until halfway through. Maybe I was inspired by him subconsciously. I did use gradiants for the wordmark and the "A"/"profile head view" and I know a lot of people dislike overuse of gradiants but I like it here, at least in the wordmark, not sure about the other one though.

SixshootersJPG-1.jpg

Very Sharp! I love the A logo. A question I have is that the script for Sixshooters is different in the two logos. Was this on purpose or were you trying two different types?

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

SixshootersJPG-1.jpg

Very Sharp! I love the A logo. A question I have is that the script for Sixshooters is different in the two logos. Was this on purpose or were you trying two different types?

C'mon now. Don't revive threads.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Archived