New Illinois SOD uniforms

illini1

Forgive me for being a little too late with this...but has Nike ever really defined exactly what this "System of Dress" actually is???

(if it's a two-part equation--tight jersey + superbaggy shorts = college B-ball uniform--then I got it.)

This is the site they put out when they first released them. It's a new material, new fit, and quite a few things. I think the silhouette is a bit goofy with the baggy shorts, but I trust it's legitimate first class technology.

http://systemofdress.com/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found these pics on Bill Cole's facebook page.

n661533116_754639_1822.jpg

n661533116_754635_8750.jpg

Whats the problem with 23?

Simple. He thinks he's a thug.

I think I should contact Illinois Athletics, and complain.

hah.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Whats the problem with 23?

Simple. He thinks he's a thug.

I think I should contact Illinois Athletics, and complain.

hah.

I sent the Athletic Director my opinion on the photo.

haha. I wonder i'f i'll get a reply...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

These uniforms did not have names on the back at the photoshoot, but I wasn't sure that meant anything.

Turns out though, that it did. They're doing the "about the name on the front, not the back" thing.

I love the attitude, but generally prefer names. In college I think you can go either way. Pros, you gotta have the names.

I originally thought there was a quote from the team about this, but now it looks like it's just a beat writer's report. So that doesn't confirm this 100% as he may have just seen the same thing as me and jumping to a conclusion.

Off topic: look like dude's throwin' cK. Which really he should be smart enough to know not to do in a photo shoot that'll probably end up going national.

On topic: this is the first I can recall seeing the American flag on any of the SOD sets...or really, any of the college B-ball sets period.

Beyond all that...the uniform is okay. It does what it needs to do.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On topic: this is the first I can recall seeing the American flag on any of the SOD sets...or really, any of the college B-ball sets period.

I think that's just an Illinois thing. They've had the American flag on their past few uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think that's just an Illinois thing. They've had the American flag on their past few uniforms.

as far as I know, the Terps and Duke still do it.....

What was the email address you sent it to LEW?

Director of Athletics Ron Guenther rguenthe@illinois.edu

Well sure, Ron Guenther will not put up with "thuggish" behavior. Just ask Eric Gordon's mom!

Yep. Couple people out of thousands and thousands--a couple of people that the Athletic Dept. apologized for--is definitely condoning thuggish behavior. :rolleyes:

Archived