Florida Gators football concept

mmejia

Okay.. long time listener, first time caller. I'd love to work with a better program, but for now its good ole' MS Paint! This is a gators football look I've been playing with for the past few days. This set is far from complete. I'd like to add a hip logo and/or something on the neck. I'm into simplicity, too. Especially with teams that have some form of tradition.

I got the template off the templates forum and cannot remember whose it was, but thanks. Same thing with the numbers, but I did rework the numbers a tad in an attempt to match the UF wordmark. The logo is the "f" wordmark with a Florida shape I drew in paint.

Also, for some reason I can never get images from photobucket to directly appear onto this page. Is there something with photobucket?

photobucket

Okay.. long time listener, first time caller. I'd love to work with a better program, but for now its good ole' MS Paint! This is a gators football look I've been playing with for the past few days. This set is far from complete. I'd like to add a hip logo and/or something on the neck. I'm into simplicity, too. Especially with teams that have some form of tradition.

I got the template off the templates forum and cannot remember whose it was, but thanks. Same thing with the numbers, but I did rework the numbers a tad in an attempt to match the UF wordmark. The logo is the "f" wordmark with a Florida shape I drew in paint.

Also, for some reason I can never get images from photobucket to directly appear onto this page. Is there something with photobucket?

photobucket

Welcome. First off, regarding Photobucket- it appears you posted a link to the image rather than embedding it. What you need to do next time is copy the location of the image (the link) and then when you are making your post...click the little "mountain scene" icon above the text box (2 boxes to the right of the smileys). Insert the link in the pop up box and then you are set.

As far as the concept, it is a pretty good start. The effort you took to make a new logo out of the F is also worth commending. I wonder what the white spot/circle is because if I remember correctly, I don't think it is supposed to be the location of Gainesville.

In the future, work on some details of the concept- adding a logo to the bicep area, numbers on the shoulders, shoulder stripes, team name/city on chest, piping, and any other unique details that you notice on uniforms in real life that may improve your own.

Again, good start and just make sure you spend a good bit of time working on a concept and then improve it some more and post it- and I'm sure you will get some great C&C to improve your future concepts.

Thanks. The white spot is Lake Okeechobee. It could probably go without the hole for the lake, but it seems that one thing that gets negative response on these boards is geographically incorrect state-shaping. I thought about using the "F" logo on the hip, but it never seemed to work properly. I thought about existing logo's, but I'm not really into copy and pasting existing logos onto a uniform and calling it a concept.

Maybe it's because I'm extremely immature, but when I see that logo, I see male genitalia. I guess that's why it can be difficult to use the state map in a logo.

I do like the rest of the set, however. The striping is simple yet effective and I like the use of the modernized F on the helmet.

BTW mods, I apologize in advance.

Yeah, it's a bit plain, but it's good for your first effort. Granted, the numbers remind me of the men's basketball team.....

The numbers do work pretty well. I believe mmejia used the LA Kings' number font for these.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived