Two Canadian NHL Concepts, Canucks and Oilers.

elliott

Hey guys, I wanted to take a break from football concepts, and I have two hockey concepts to show. Actually, the Canucks one is more of a tweak, so I will show that first.

Here is what I did:

-Tweaked the logo, it is the same on both jerseys

-Made the sleeves the same, taking what their current road jerseys do and applying it to both

-Johnny Canuck is the shoulder patch

-New number font

-Shoulder yokes

CanucksTweaks.gif

And now for the Oilers. I hate their Edge jerseys, as I know a lot of people here do. So, I gave them a pretty modern design, really just trying to make a cool template. I eliminated red completely. Also, I tried to tweak the old alternate logo to make it work with this color scheme. Here is the updated logo package:

OilersLogoUpdate.gif

And the jerseys:

OilersConcept2008.gif

Those Oilers jerseys are sick!

The 'Nucks jerseys don't bother me, hell, I like 'em, but you should try a green alternate with the logo the guy a few above me posted.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Love the oilers, those are awesome...... The Canucks jerseys are just about perfect... something about the vertical grey/navy stripes just seems a bit "off".... unless that's just template shading in which case you're 2 for 2!!!

franchise.jpg

Love the oilers, those are awesome...... The Canucks jerseys are just about perfect... something about the vertical grey/navy stripes just seems a bit "off".... unless that's just template shading in which case you're 2 for 2!!!

That is, in fact, the template.

Thanks for all comments so far. I will be posting alternates soon, probably my more-modern spin on the oilers throwbacks and a green Canucks jersey.

Yeah i like the updates but i agree with using the new oldschool updated logo. The Whale sucks, very few people like that logo in the fan base. It's tied with the Orca Bay crap and yeah...i just despise the logo. Sure it's a nice logo in logo design terms, but in terms of representing the team and the fan support...people like the C/rink & Stick and the skate more than the stupid whale.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Here are the alternates:

CanucksAlternateTweaks4.gif

OilersAlt2008.gif

I really like the Oilers set, top notch stuff. I like the simplicity of taking out the red. Out of curiosity, why did you go with orange on the alternate instead of the coppery/gold color?

yeah, i was wondering the same thing

usually i'm all for a return to the past colors of a franchise but for Edmonton, i just think its a step in the wrong direction. They have an excellent color scheme now, so why return to that.

I do like the green alternate for the Canucks, but I would still like to see a blue alternate with the updated 'old school' logo...

spacer.png

Archived