ahhh.

SDX

Absolute nightmare, just had a phone call off my MD saying he has been sent a new logo for us and wants to use it. Its a bad web 2.0 redo of our current logo. I have tried to talk him out of it but he is adamant its the 'future' for the company. Our current one and the new one are attached, our old one isn't anything special but has been in use for the best part of 20 years and has a lot of respect. How can i get him not to use it. I know there has been articles linked to on here about rubbish 2.0 designs and how they are bad for a company, anyone got any of the links so i can send them to him.

The guy who did the new one says its "which looks really stylish and professional. I think it would improve the look of the letter if it replaced the current logo as that one is quite dated"

New

hmglogopd5.jpg

Old

hmglogort3.png

logo.png

Well if beveled highlights and rounded corners is the future... then this is 1982! That is not a progressive logo, and as many people have said, it's crap. Who designed that a kid in junior high? That logo looks like it belongs on a Commodore 64 game. That has Atari and Pacman written all over it.

Of course you could also point out that the old logo is solid and stand for what the company represents and that the customers see that logo and know and expect the quality they are getting from you. Where as the "new" logo changes that by changing the color, and subconsciously because the bar extends across the top, the edges are rounded, and it's highlighted shows that the company is fragile and unstable. Tell him the new logo looks like blown glass and that it's just too fragile for a paint company and does he want a paint company to be fragile or does he want people to see a logo and know they can depend on the name? It's all psychological, but if you know how to use the psychology to your advantage, you can prove your point.

Good news: Yesterday i was in front of the ops board for a presentation and got them to forget the new logo, thank god. Unfortunately i have a disciplinary with the Managing Director for some of the things i said in the meeting first thing monday mornign..

logo.png

A disciplinary well earned! That new logo was as Ron Bergundy would say, "bush. That's Bush league!"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

An ugly logo isn't worth losing your job over. Even if the customer comes over to your POV, employers don't want employees stirring up the pot. Be mindful of office politics.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Good news: Yesterday i was in front of the ops board for a presentation and got them to forget the new logo, thank god. Unfortunately i have a disciplinary with the Managing Director for some of the things i said in the meeting first thing monday mornign..

Damn dude, what exactly did you say?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just let fly about some stuff that is going on at our place around marketing and general stuff happening around the place and the 'untouchables' getting away with all sorts of crap and it not being dealt with properly.

logo.png

But ot looks like you guys are already using a web2.0ish lookin logo

http://www.hmgpaint.com/welcome/

My problem witha ll the logos (Especially the proposed one at the top) is that the line on top that forms the negative g, looks like a T.

UNfortunately, and who was that one done by?? the brother of the one who proposed the new one who subsequently :censored:ed off after doing the website and logo. :D

This was one of the points i raised that got me meeting tomorrow. its not what you do its who you know at our place.

logo.png

Archived