NY Jets

chestnutz

I think as of right now, the black looks like an afterthought with the uniforms. All of the black occurs in places where green could have (and probably should have) been used. Also, there is a disconnect with the extreme detail of the logo and the extreme simplicity of the uniforms. This concept has some great pieces, but the pieces currently don't make a set. If you can bring the uniforms up to par with the primary logo, you will have something special. Also, I agree that J logo should be an NY, but if you keep it as a J, can you make it consistent with the J in the wordmark? That's been bothering me from the beginning of this concept.

Update 2:

Added a NY alternate similar to the J logo. Looks pretty good IMO. Also made the NEW YORK text on the wordmark more spaced out, per brandon's suggestion.

Uniforms: The general consensus was that there wasn't enough black, and I agree completely. The jet uses a lot of black, while the uniforms barely had any. So I added a thin black pipe on the side of the jersey that runs down along the pants, next to the pant jets. A black outline was added on the numbers as well, and the belt color was changed to black on the green pants. Subtle changes, but I believe they enhance the uniforms a great amount.

NY-Jets-logo-14.png

NY-Jets-uniforms-12.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The "NY" and "J" logos should match the rest of the logo set. You have them half filled in with a tiny black outline, while the rest of the logo set has a bold use of black. Try using the swoop from inside the wordmark for the two-tone of the letters. As it stand right now, they do not match the wordmark at all. On the bright side, the uniforms are much better.

Because the wordmark is longer than the monograms, it's very hard to make the same curve and have it look good.

But I did a quick update, the original update is now changed.

The top half of the monogram logos is now the dark green instead of white, and are curved instead of straight.

So tell me what you think.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Yeah I'm with the others in that I don't get the highlight on the secondary logos (and the outline needs to be THICKER!) and to be honest, I don't like black in the uniforms at all. This is basically a homer analogy I know but there is tons of black in the Boston college logo while on the new uniforms black is reduced to almost nothing, most prominently a barely-noticeable (which I didn't even know existed until after they had been there for a year) pant stripe. I think you would be well served to go in this direction.

I've already posted that I thought the helmet logo was too detailed. I'll reiterate it now because from a distance, the logo turns into a on-color silhouette. And the silhouette's detail really loses the logos character. Plus, the uniforms seems almost understated compared to the helmet logo. Less detail and a stronger silhouette would do wonders for this set.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Update 2:

Added a NY alternate similar to the J logo. Looks pretty good IMO. Also made the NEW YORK text on the wordmark more spaced out, per brandon's suggestion.

Uniforms: The general consensus was that there wasn't enough black, and I agree completely. The jet uses a lot of black, while the uniforms barely had any. So I added a thin black pipe on the side of the jersey that runs down along the pants, next to the pant jets. A black outline was added on the numbers as well, and the belt color was changed to black on the green pants. Subtle changes, but I believe they enhance the uniforms a great amount.

NY-Jets-logo-14.png

NY-Jets-uniforms-12.png

I like the uniforms, the pinstripe down the top of the helmet definitely adds to it.

brandonjbrown

reds.png

brandon11.png1975Reds.png

Overall very solid concept!

Not a big fan of the Arrow stripe, both on pant leg and shoulder.

Love the airplane, on the first logo, I would actually bring the plane in front of the wordmark (top layer)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived