NY Jets

chestnutz

Off-topic, but how come you've got an acorn for a watermark and not a chestnut?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

On the full logo, the wordmark and jet really don't interact, it looks slapped together. Also, the J logo, should have the same curve as the J in the wordmark. The jet is very nicely rendered, but I agree that the green should be lighter. I am interested to see the uniforms.

I love this except for the lack of contrast in colors like everyone already said. i think bottom part of the J in the Jets wordmark would fit perfectly in the gap on the bottom wing but I guess it would have to be a little more slanted. Also, I like the J that is alone and the way the white is around the bottom part of the word where green is inside. if you did that with the wordmark in the logo it would really make all the difference and maybe you wouldnt have to change the green since I really like how it looks on the jet.

Update 1:

Changed to kelly green.

The black actually isn't black, it's a very dark green (though I don't expect people to see that haha)

Moved the plane over the wordmark more. I found it very hard to get a wordmark to fit in with the abstract, non-symmetrical shape of the plane.

NY-Jets-logos.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think the update looks really good, though I almost preferred the more detailed one. On the new one, I think the white near the nose looks out of place. Could you post the original and update side by side?

The wordmark is nice, or at least the word "Jets." I don't really like the pointy end on the bottom right, and I think the "New York" should be bigger and stand by itself. What is with the half-highlight green thing? It looks like one of AAO's Oklahoma City concepts. I don't understand why this is necessary. Also, there should be much more color in the wordmark, not white. Make the letters green and have a white outline maybe? Even if you must keep it for some reason, make it two colors and make it more subtle IMO. One thing more that really bothers me is the "J." Why is it so thin? It nags at my strings why it is so thin compared to the "J" in the wordmark. Again I don't like the half fill-in. Color, man, color! (Not to mention I think the letters here should be "NY," not "J."

Overall, there are a lot of holes but the word "Jets" and the jet itself really bring this up a whole lot.

Uniforms:

I had this idea in my head when I first made the logos for the Jets. These uniforms, to me, really are a blend of old and new. They pay homage to New York's rich history, while modernizing it a lot.

The shells I kept white, added the primary logo (only because the J logo didn't look good on it) and added a stripe that is constant throughout the set. The "plane" striping was first introduced in the Jets wordmark way back when, and here I've used it on the helmet, jersey, and pants.

The jerseys include white sleeves, which the Jets have worn several times in the past, and again, using the plane.

NY-Jets-uniforms.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

My thoughts:

First of all...this team is tough to make a concept for, just simply because of the nickname "Jets". So props for attempting to tackle it in the first place.

Let me take you back a little bit...the team got its nickname due to the proximity of their stadium (in those days) to New York's LaGuardia airport. With that in mind, I'm not so sure a fighter jet would be the way to go here...I'd think you might like to go with something shaped more like a passenger-type jet aircraft. I can, however, understand the rationale for using a fighter jet...extract the word "fight" and there's your reason. But, like I say, that's just my logic behind the whole "jet" connotation thing. Don't know if that'll make a difference or not.

As for the logo you have...me, myself, personally, I'm opposite of most in that I'd like to see a more simplified jet--even if it's reduced to nothing more than an outline of the current shape. At least people could still see what it is. (And think about it...when you see jets flying overhead, you usually see the "shadow", or outline, of it, right? Again--that's just my own logic.) The other thing is in the reproduction of the logo if it ever was to come to real life...all the details would be difficult, at least, to replicate with a needle and thread...although if you strip out the green it'd look pretty good in black-and-white. I do like the word "Jets"...but you may wanna look at stretching out the "NEW YORK" underneath it so it fills more space. (Play with the kerning and scaling of the letters and see how it works.) And, for some reason, I've never understood why teams use the first letter of their nickname as a monogram logo (the Redskins, Eagles, and Rams do this with their alt logos; the Cincinnati Bengals with their current primary). Methinks using a "NY" rendered in something of the same style would represent the team locale and nickname a little better.

As for the uniforms...the lack of black is a little bothersome to me, since it's so prominent in the logo package. As for (what I'll refer to as) the "jetstreams"...I see how you have it utilized currently. Here's one idea I have: how about utlizing the jetstream as something of a shoulder stripe a la the New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers? Just to throw that out there. As for the pants...eh...can't really come up with anything good for right now.

That's about all I got for right now...but keep working it and see what come up out of this here. Good start!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived