North American Hockey League

crashcarson15

So, you used the Capitals logo with the Sabres numbers and the Coyotes alternate template? Why not come up with a creative logo and striping pattern rather than piecing together existing elements?

Eventually, I'll get to making new designs, but for now I'll just use these, I am about to add the Nevada Knights!

6fQjS3M.png

• 2 weeks later...
So, you used the Capitals logo with the Sabres numbers and the Coyotes alternate template? Why not come up with a creative logo and striping pattern rather than piecing together existing elements?

Eventually, I'll get to making new designs, ....

I have to say that a lot of guys start up like this, just playing around with the "easy" stuff.

As long as you build up your confidence, and a thick skin, and can take constructive feedback, weed out the jerks' bs, you'll get ideas and play around with some of the free design tools you can find online: Paint.Net, GIMP, etc.

But I will admit that it can be tough to do that around here these days. You'll get a lot of feedback that's hard to turn into constructive advice.

As for Logos, I find the best way is pen and paper, scribble on napkins and scan it in, let it simmer, you'll get ideas.

I should show you one of my Fantasy Gulls logo, I'm pretty sure I have a few of the scans, and got some constructive feedback, and it turned out to be an awesome design...

Alright: went looking at the site where I posted it, and I did not show my first pencil on paper concept, which I believe was on a post-it note that took me about 3 minutes at my desk... (could have been in the corner of a note pad in a meeting, my old job had way too much meetings)

in any case, you can see the evolution of a concept through positive feedback... (GCFHL Fantasy Teams don't forget page 2) (Scroll down to before last response on this one))

Good Luck!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

For your Dakota team, go with something like the Blizzard. Also RICHMOND ROUGHRIDERS??? If you want a classy name with a classic look that could be pulled off and have a deep significance go with Richmond Grays (Richmond was the Capital of the CSA) or the Richmond Revolution. Or just make it River Riders or Richmond Rapids.

tex_rangers.jpg

credit: Logodawg86

Archived