Central Michigan wearing gold jerseys

GoDawgs08

Trying to find game action pictures but here are some pics of it

37990.jpg

My high school had that font for our football jerseys too. It seems to have exploded in popularity, there are at least 10 high school football teams I have seen using it and a handful of basketball teams. Incidentally, my hometown is about 45min-1hr away from Mt.Pleasant so maybe its a Mid Michigan thing? I cant believe something so ugly could make the jump to college.

Trying to find game action pictures but here are some pics of it

My high school had that font for our football jerseys too. It seems to have exploded in popularity, there are at least 10 high school football teams I have seen using it and a handful of basketball teams. Incidentally, my hometown is about 45min-1hr away from Mt.Pleasant so maybe its a Mid Michigan thing? I cant believe something so ugly could make the jump to college.

The 3 on that jersey looks like it's the same as my high school jerseys. The 1 looks similar but is thicker than ours (I think the CMU 1 looks worse.)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Whatever that font is, I'd like to see it banned permanently from all levels of sports. That font is like the Comic Sans of jerseys.

No it isn't...whatever that italicized mess that Russell Athletic uses/used for the Arena League jerseys and damn near half the HBCUs is.

(Honorable mention: Bodega Sans. It's all over the place in the HBCU world. And, wouldn't you know it...Russell's responsible for that, too.)

Oh, you mean the "Formerly Georgia Tech Custom" font? Yeah, that can get the hell out of my sports, too. What's Bodega Sans, out of morbid curiosity?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Whatever that font is, I'd like to see it banned permanently from all levels of sports. That font is like the Comic Sans of jerseys.

No it isn't...whatever that italicized mess that Russell Athletic uses/used for the Arena League jerseys and damn near half the HBCUs is.

(Honorable mention: Bodega Sans. It's all over the place in the HBCU world. And, wouldn't you know it...Russell's responsible for that, too.)

Oh, you mean the "Formerly Georgia Tech Custom" font? Yeah, that can get the hell out of my sports, too. What's Bodega Sans, out of morbid curiosity?

Ew.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

A.K.A. the "Colorado Avalanche" font.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah, that's a font that never should have made its way onto more than one team's uniforms.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, that's a font that never should have made its way onto more than one team's uniforms.

The fine folks at Russell Athletic never got that memo.

41bdf4ec678c8-26-3.jpg

FAMU_sep_16_1.jpg

354349614_4414dd2c79.jpg

And...this is just ridiculous. (And tells you pretty much all you need to know about both "templating" and current HBCU athletic aesthetics....

Mike_Scarbrough_016.jpg

(Not pictured in this set are the Temple Owls football uniforms from sometime in the late '90s or something like that...they too drunk the Bodega Sans Kool-aid.)

EDIT: Seems San Diego State also had the Bodega thing going on for a little while:

228375195_cb92b64555_o.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived