HORNETS TO WEAR BUCS THROWBACK UNIS

BRYWHIT

Sorry, New Orleanians, it's a dumb promotion, especially when the Hornets just debuted new jerseys. Great idea to wear them less in favor of some bland throwbacks from an ABA team nobody cares about.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, New Orleanians, it's a dumb promotion, especially when the Hornets just debuted new jerseys. Great idea to wear them less in favor of some bland throwbacks from an ABA team nobody cares about.

I am not so naive as to believe that these throwback promotions aren't primarily motivated by the desire to sell more "stuff." However, as someone old enough to actually have enjoyed the ABA, I think it's kind of fun to remember those years.

With 82 regular season games and what seems like 80 more if a team goes deep into the playoffs, I don't think wearing the throwbacks a few times really dissipates the impact of the new uni set.

Since I don't live in New Orleans, I can't say with any accuracy whether anyone down there cares about the legacy of the Bucs or not.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I'm only 27 years old and I never got a chance to see the Bucs, Pelicans, Night, Breakers, Brass or Jazz play in my city! I had a chance to see the Brass but I like many other people thought "What the hell is a hockey team doing in the south?" Not knowing (and still not knowing) much about hockey, I was naieve to other Southern cities having pro hockey teams. Now I make it a point to support the few teams that we do have Zephyrs, Saints and Horntes because I don't want them going the same route as the others and you can add the Voodoo onto that list as well!

Archived