Club Atlético de Miami

fishheatcats

I did this one by request over on the Big Soccer boards and figured I'd post it here as well. In light of the recent confirmation from half investor in Miami's MLS bid, Marcelo Claure, that if awarded a team Miami would not share it's logo/colors/uniform design with FC Barcelona, I decided to come up with a new idea for the (potential)team. Basically it uses a red/yellow color scheme, which would be unique to MLS, but it also ties in with the Heat, Panthers and the old NASL Strikers locally. I went for a traditional style crest, with some interlocking letters and a shark. The shark would be the mascot and unofficial nickname of the team. C&C and here's hoping that someday soon I'll be doing concepts for a team that will actually exist one day!

camiamiih9.gif

That's what soccer balls looked like at the turn of the (last) century. Some European clubs still use that style of ball in their crest, but most of them were actually around when that ball was being used. Why should a new club be using a style of ball from about 100 years before it existed? If anything, use the hexigonal style of ball that would at least tie in with the Miami areas pro soccer origins.

i dont like the argument that the ball is too old to fit with a new team. nobody complains when a telstar style ball is used, even though soccer balls have changed dramatically in the near 40 years since it was introduced. ps: best miami soccer crest you've done so far

I'm really liking everything about this set except for the alternate. For some reason I'm just not a fan of it, especially with the notion that a team would wear black in the Miami sun (which is why I think the Marlins have the worst logical uniforms in MLB). But that's my only gripe, other than that it is all quite lovely.

TDZiMMB.png

i dont like the argument that the ball is too old to fit with a new team. nobody complains when a telstar style ball is used, even though soccer balls have changed dramatically in the near 40 years since it was introduced. ps: best miami soccer crest you've done so far

Agreed - it really bothers me that the Telstar ball, which was used relatively briefly, has become so identified with the sport that teams which never used it have it in their logo. At least the old ball has more history behind it, fitting for a sport with such deep roots.

thanks for the explanation of the ball - i still think you should ditch it...i think 97% of the american public would think this was a club volleyball team, which isn't good if you're a professional soccer team playing at the highest level in the country and you're in a major us market

the colors are really nice, the uniforms look very solid (don't know much about soccer uni's, though) and the logo is really nice...not a fan of the copperplate wordmark...pretty uninspired, but apparently soccer teams don't use a wordmark much - overall, solid work...it's nice to see original, high-quality work on this board...it's becoming hard to find it anymore

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived