Scranton Bulldogs

logoman

So, I have been working on some updates for a few teams in the AA here, and I kind of got carried away. I was in a baseball mood and came up with a few options I wanted to expand upon. I used Bulldogs because I like the idea of taking a somewhat generic name, (Wildcats, Panthers, Stars, etc.) and creating a very good identity for them. Hopefully, I have done that with this one. I got the idea from Glenn's AA team - the Boston Bulldogs.

I chose Scranton because I heard someone say that Joe Biden was, "Exactly the bulldog we need" after he was selected by Obama as VP. Also, I chose it because it sounds like the old football team- the Canton Bulldogs. With that, it's seems to be quite easy to remember.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

SCRANTONBULLDOGS.png

Here is a revised version with some of your suggestions included.

BULLDOGSREVISION.png

It's a good start. But something about the face is off. Also I like the idea with the Bone/Bats. I think it would look better if one bat was completly a bone, and the end of the bat, was really a knob of the bat.

My concern about the face is that you were going for "angry", and you ended up with "mildly irritated". Perhaps if you exaggerate the expression a bit, it will appear more aggressive.

Apart from that, I like the simplicity of the design and, as with your other concepts, the execution is top notch.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Actually, I did struggle with the face. I went from very angry to almost smiling and settled for "mildly irritated". I figured for a minor league team, that would be good for both adults and kids. ( It's all about merchandise).

I have one little suggestion.

It seems the way the lines are around his nose and mouth, that his snout sticks out quite a bit, unlike most bulldogs. So I suggest bringing his cheeks or whatever you would call them in front/overlapping the snout lines.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi, how are you?

It's a good start. But something about the face is off. Also I like the idea with the Bone/Bats. I think it would look better if one bat was completly a bone, and the end of the bat, was really a knob of the bat.

My concern about the face is that you were going for "angry", and you ended up with "mildly irritated". Perhaps if you exaggerate the expression a bit, it will appear more aggressive.

Apart from that, I like the simplicity of the design and, as with your other concepts, the execution is top notch.

Maybe try making it look like its baring its teeth?

g4104.png

I think this is great for minor league baseball. the bone on the bat knob is genious, and I now that I see it I cant believe its never been done before to my knowledge. I wouldn't change one bat to being a complete bone like was suggested above. I think that would throw off the symmetry of the whole logo. I do like the one tooth coming out of the mouth and the cartoonish "tic-tac-toe" scratch mark on the left of his face. I like how you didnt over-do the meanness in his face. Seems perfect for a minor league team

Archived