MADVILLAIN's made-up football league!

MADVILLAIN

Hello there friends. Over the past several months I've made up some teams, just for fun, and lately I've been trying to come up with concepts for all the teams of my pretend league. I haven't thought up a good name for the league yet, so if anyones got good ideas let me know. And of course, C & C appreciated.

I'll start with my Chicago team, the Railroaders. The inspiration comes from the municipal flag of Chicago, which is one of the best flag designs I've ever seen. I also decided this team would be one of tradition, hence the Railroader name, which sounds pretty old school to me. Not to mention blue collar. And I thought an all-white home set would be classy but I like the blues and the red jersey as well.

chicagorrao2.gif

2nd is the Detroit Thunderbirds. The team's name and colors are an obvious nod to the now nearly-dead auto industry, but I still like this set. Nothing too fancy, just a gritty team to match it's city.

66045066nm5.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the logo should go on the helmet and the wordmark should go on the jersey. Otherwise, it's an attractive concept.

Nice job.

I echo the above statement but I'll also add that the drop-shadowed numbers need to go. This is an awesome start but looks more like a bid for an expansion team then a real uniform right now.

#3 The Minnesota Mammoths. I don't think it needs much explanation, but the helmet logo is the face of a charging mammoth for those who can't tell. Haha and although I'm no expert on prehistoric animals, I thought it'd make a cool mascot and I'm pretty sure they roamed northern North America at one point.

71664988wi6.gif

This is an interesting series you're working on, but the thread is going to be boring if you keep bombarding us with concepts before we have a chance to comment on and discuss them.

Take a little bit of C&C and give us some comments of your own before revealing your next concept. I, for one, am looking forward to it but I want to read what others have to say about what you've already posted.

EDIT: I guess for that to make sense, people would have to know that you posted the second concept after receiving a few comments on the first, and the third before getting any comments on the second.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

This is an interesting series you're working on, but the thread is going to be boring if you keep bombarding us with concepts before we have a chance to comment on and discuss them.

Take a little bit of C&C and give us some comments of your own before revealing your next concept. I, for one, am looking forward to it but I want to read what others have to say about what you've already posted.

EDIT: I guess for that to make sense, people would have to know that you posted the second concept after receiving a few comments on the first, and the third before getting any comments on the second.

Definitely. I've just been eager to get a few of them out there.

And to sizemore, I will have teams in places the NFL does not, but I wanted to do the major cities as well. Again, this is just for fun. It's not supposed to be like a new minor league or anything.

That being said... comments on the designs are greatly appreciated!

Definitely. I've just been eager to get a few of them out there.

And to sizemore, I will have teams in places the NFL does not, but I wanted to do the major cities as well. Again, this is just for fun. It's not supposed to be like a new minor league or anything.

That being said... comments on the designs are greatly appreciated!

So far I like them, I just love it when you see concepts for a team in Hawaii or Vegas or Orlando.

6fQjS3M.png

Interesting project.

Just an observation that goes for anyone posting a identity to critique. Please don't use web 2.0 lighting treatment on the logos. If you were showing an example of the logo how it would look in a real world setting, then it would be understandable. But to evaluate the logo itself, don't obscure it with a lighting effect.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'm not much of a fan of text logos on helmets, so on the Railroaders I'd go with the secondary logo on the helmet. Also, if you darkened both the powder and the red just a bit, the design would be more vivid IMO. Also, I think red numbers on the road jerseys and no side panels would improve it a lot. Still, I like the general idea and with a few tweaks it'd be great. Love the sleeve striping!

As for the Thunderbirds, I like the general simplicity and the color scheme. That said, I think a little more pizazz would liven it up a lot. On the alternate jersey, the sleeve striping should be white and navy instead of gray and navy. By the way, are you going to show us the pants? I also can't stand the little Michigan outline. No offense, it's just a kinda ugly state, map-wise, (and economy-wise). Still, nice concept.

The Mammoths concept is really nice. I like the piping; not overdone or extraneous. Great color scheme, by the way. But what's on top of the tusk? Is that an eye? I'd go with a full mammoth, as right now it's kinda weird looking.

Good job on this...nice ideas, good designs, just a little tweaking necessary.

scotland_fifasig.png

Here are some name ideas of my own...

Seattle Emeralds: Duh, the Emerald City and green is an awesome color

Oregon Cascades: The Cascade Range that runs through Oregon

Los Angeles Lions: Ah, alliteration...and the color gold looks great

St. Louis Voyageurs: Didn't St. Louis used to be an explorer's trading center or something?

Milwaukee Creamers: The Dairy State

scotland_fifasig.png

Here are some ideas:

-Salt Lake Stampede

-St. Louis Stealth

-San Jose Storm

-Phoenix Falcons

-Knoxville Kings

C&C are welcome.

Are you also Mr. Beastly, who also happens to be from Wisconsin? Using multiple accounts is a no-no.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Thanks to everyone for the C & C!

To those who commented about the Railroaders colors, I'm sorry but for some reason when I save these for the web the colors get lightened slightly so the light blue looks a little too light, and the Mammoth maroon looks kinda brownish.

Also, I had tossed around the idea of ditching the eye above the tusk on the Minnesota logo. I mean, I like it as part of a logo but on the helmet its tricky to balance.

As far as the Michigan patch on the T-Birds, it was just a little something to add to the character of the uniform. I'm a Michigander myself, so I wanted to incorporate something along those lines.

And finally, the Chicago wordmark. I definitely see how it may be a tad bland for a helmet, and sometime soon I'd like to make a logo with more train feel to it. I'm still relatively new to Illustrator, so I appreciate your patience. ^_^

Here's the other teams I plan on doing for my league. Some of the nicknames are pretty solid, but a few are sorta fillers until I think of something better. Any suggestions are welcome.

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Northern

Boston Shamrocks

New York SkyHawks

Toronto Reds

Philadelphia ?

Coastal

DC Infantry

Carolina Aviators

Baltimore Black Cats

Miami Hammerheads

Central

Chicago Railroaders

Cincinnati Knights

Detroit Thunderbirds

Milwaukee Wolves

Southern

Atlanta Lancers

Memphis River Pilots

Orlando Goblins

New Orleans Nightmare

WESTERN:

Northern

Seattle Haze

Portland Sailors

Utah Swarm

Colorado Cougars

Coastal

San Francisco Miners

Hawaiians

Los Angeles Leopards

San Diego Demons

Central

Minnesota Mammoths

Kansas City Tornados

Oklahoma Drillers

St Louis Stallions

Southern

Dallas Bandits

Arizona Wildfire

Las Vegas Scorpions

San Antonio Inferno

Here's the other teams I plan on doing for my league. Some of the nicknames are pretty solid, but a few are sorta fillers until I think of something better. Any suggestions are welcome.

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Northern

Boston Shamrocks

New York SkyHawks

Toronto Reds

Philadelphia ?

Coastal

DC Infantry

Carolina Aviators

Baltimore Black Cats

Miami Hammerheads

Central

Chicago Railroaders

Cincinnati Knights

Detroit Thunderbirds

Milwaukee Wolves

Southern

Atlanta Lancers

Memphis River Pilots

Orlando Goblins

New Orleans Nightmare

WESTERN:

Northern

Seattle Haze

Portland Sailors

Utah Swarm

Colorado Cougars

Coastal

San Francisco Miners

Hawaiians

Los Angeles Leopards

San Diego Demons

Central

Minnesota Mammoths

Kansas City Tornados

Oklahoma Drillers

St Louis Stallions

Southern

Dallas Bandits

Arizona Wildfire

Las Vegas Scorpions

San Antonio Inferno

Sounds nice, but for the Eastern Conference, I would put Carolina in the Southern Division and Orlando in the Coastal Division.

YOZXkBG.png?1

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Northern

Boston Shamrocks

New York SkyHawks

Toronto Reds

Philadelphia ?

Coastal

DC Infantry

Carolina Aviators

Baltimore Black Cats

Miami Hammerheads

Central

Chicago Railroaders

Cincinnati Knights

Detroit Thunderbirds

Milwaukee Wolves

Southern

Atlanta Lancers

Memphis River Pilots

Orlando Goblins

New Orleans Nightmare

WESTERN:

Northern

Seattle Haze

Portland Sailors

Utah Swarm

Colorado Cougars

Coastal

San Francisco Miners

Hawaiians

Los Angeles Leopards

San Diego Demons

Central

Minnesota Mammoths

Kansas City Tornados

Oklahoma Drillers

St Louis Stallions

Southern

Dallas Bandits

Arizona Wildfire

Las Vegas Scorpions

San Antonio Inferno

Sounds nice, but for the Eastern Conference, I would put Carolina in the Southern Division and Orlando in the Coastal Division.

For Western Central, swap out Kansas City or St. Louis for a team in Iowa.

IowaOaks.png

Archived