MADVILLAIN's made-up football league!

MADVILLAIN

Sounds nice, but for the Eastern Conference, I would put Carolina in the Southern Division and Orlando in the Coastal Division.

My only problem with that is that Orlando is in central Florida and Carolina is along the east coast.

And I might just swap a St Louis or KC for Iowa, since neither of those teams have given me many ideas.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle Haze is actually one of my favorite ideas for this league. Allow me to explain...

Purple Haze is one of the most famous rock songs of all time by one of the most famous Seattle natives of all time, Jimi Hendrix. The teams colors are purple and silver. Also, the city of Seattle is well known for its rainy, hazy weather so I think this name is one of the most creative and appropriate I came up with.

Seattle Haze is actually one of my favorite ideas for this league. Allow me to explain...

Purple Haze is one of the most famous rock songs of all time by one of the most famous Seattle natives of all time, Jimi Hendrix. The teams colors are purple and silver. Also, the city of Seattle is well known for its rainy, hazy weather so I think this name is one of the most creative and appropriate I came up with.

After hearing that description, I absolutely can't wait to see this concept. Both as a Seattle lover and a huge Hendrix fan. Very deep and creative idea!

TDZiMMB.png

Hah, that one jumped out at me, too. I thought it was about Seattle's weather, but I was really hoping you used purple in their color scheme.

You've really chosen some good, creative names for most of this league, and I can't wait to see what . I especially like the Carolina Aviators moniker. I'm not sure about having the Wildfire and the Inferno in the same division, but it would certainly lend itself to a cool rivalry nickname.

I really love the helmets you've made for the Infantry. I also think the Thunderbirds uniform is a good start, but I would go back and look at some classic Detroit steel from the 1950s. They used some unique design elements and fonts that could really make the uniforms stand out.

I love that logo; creative and and looks like a rank indicator for the army. It's just that I'm not of singular nicknames (ex. Heat, Thunder, Avalanche), and Infantry isn't a great name. I like the uniform design, though. Maybe a little more white on the sleeve stripes, socks, and helmet stripes (which I like a lot, by the way), and I'd put three stripes on the pants. And I dunno about that throwback; I like the colors and the basic design, but the number font should be classic block with no outline. Good effort, just a little simplification would go a long, long way. Nice job.

scotland_fifasig.png

I'd like to see a team called the St. Louis and Clarks.

/halfkidding.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

JH42XCC- I'll give Explorers some thought. It's definitely better than what I came up with.

Jamikel-I hear ya with the Wildfire-Inferno thing. But I do have two completely different ideas in mind for them, and like you said it would add to their rivalry.

Logocruncher- I'm also not a big fan of the singular name, unless its appropriate. I didn't use the Infantry name on the design anywhere, so if people have other suggestions it'd be an easy fix.

Nice uniform for the Lancers. I don't love it, but it's pretty good. This might sound crazy (and it probably is) but maybe try putting the lance on the sleeves and pants (Chargers-style). If you don't do that, put a little navy on the road jersey striping, socks, and the pants. What would navy pants look like, just out of curiosity? Also, I'm wanting to see that alternate jersey on the action template. I'm really liking how this series is progressing. You should put the first three concepts on the action temps, just so we can see them.

Oh, and I have an idea for the Infantry's new name. How does the DC Sergeants sound? Three stripes are on a sergeant's sleeve insignia, and I think the name sounds fine.

scotland_fifasig.png

After hearing that description, I absolutely can't wait to see this concept. Both as a Seattle lover and a huge Hendrix fan. Very deep and creative idea!

Yeah at first I didn't make the complete connection. But now I think it is a really neat idea and I can't wait to see it. Good work.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

FWIW, I suggest the Philly team should be called the Philadelphia Lightning; after all, the city's most iconic native is Benjamin Franklin, and everybody knows of that experiment he did with his kite...you'll get the connection.

Other ideas for future expansion/relocation:

Montreal Lynx (spelled the same in English and French)

Indiana Racers

Pittsburgh Roughnecks

Cleveland Counts (to continue the nobility theme going on with Cavaliers, Barons, etc.)

Columbus Cruisers

Vancouver Sasquatch

Houston Cosmos

Shreveport Slayers

Fort Wayne Freeze

Louisville Blues

bYhYmxh.png

Archived