Oregon Ducks Concept- Take Two

GoDawgs08

Alright, I was happy with my first Oregon design, which utilized alot of black and less gold...but some dud bit approve. So here is another take at the Ducks. I eliminated black from everything! Still not a conventional design, but definitely a turn around from my first try. I used gray for buffer purposes when coloring...and then realized I actually liked how it looked on the facemask and as an accent on the jersey.

Ducks.png

----------------------------------------------

I realized watching last night's game that the only thing I hate about Oregon's uniforms is the highlighter gold numerals on the jerseys. I love the rest of the uniform, especially the steel style shoulders and knees (yeah I said it!).

I also thought the numerals on the new blackout jerseys looked great, but those new jerseys were too plain.

I'm not a fan of numerous helmets (even though the all-white is awesome), or those yellow jerseys and pants.

So, I decided on a concept that combines the current style and the new style worn during the blackout game:

I kept one helmet, the green one. I used gold only for some subtle piping, but it stands out enough against the other colors, my main focus was balancing that gold. Here is my first take at the Ducks.

ducks-1.png

temp.png

i drew the numbers like that to imitate the numerals on the jerseys during the blackout game...wish I could find you a picture.

And yeah I realize most people think Kelly Green and Gold when they think Oregon, but I was trying an even newer twist

temp.png

are the white uniforms legal?

i don't know where they're going with the uniforms but the diamond plating will be gone from what i've read. they had mostly positive feedback from the wings uniforms they used for a game this year. i think they'll go in that direction. i agree with elliott about black. the trend of using black should die down.

IMO, I think oregon's use of black turns there jerseys from really sweet to pure :censored:.

For your concept I believe black and gray should be taken out all together. Stick with yellow, green, and white.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

All three jerseys look great with black pants. I would drop the white and green from the set. The green pants look OK with the black jersey, but not as good as the black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not a fan. When I think of Oregon I think yellow and green. Black is a color that really should be kept down in use for them, I think. Some black is ok, but you really used a lot of black and gray. I think it ends up looking kinda dull.

one day elliot...i am going to have a concept that you like... one day..........

temp.png

i don't know where they're going with the uniforms but the diamond plating will be gone from what i've read. they had mostly positive feedback from the wings uniforms they used for a game this year. i think they'll go in that direction. i agree with elliott about black. the trend of using black should die down.

Why wouldn't it be legal?

Not a fan. When I think of Oregon I think yellow and green. Black is a color that really should be kept down in use for them, I think. Some black is ok, but you really used a lot of black and gray. I think it ends up looking kinda dull.

one day elliot...i am going to have a concept that you like... one day..........

Sorry if I'm always harsh, I think you have a lot of good ideas but I don't always like the execution, like in your latest redesign thread you had a lot of modern templates, some cool ideas, but I didn't really agree with the teams they were applied to, or something to that effect. On this one I like the template, but I don't like the way the colors work.

Why wouldn't it be legal?

IIRC the NCAA has strict rules about how much dark color can appear on a white jersey - hence the reason that the BYU Bibs had to be changed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow thats interesting...

what about the black side panels on marylands jerseys? how much more black do you think I used as opposed to those?

acc-maryland.jpg

**add on: i dont ever remember maryland wearing white/white/black...

think ill do a maryland concept next actually

temp.png

Wow thats interesting...

what about the black side panels on marylands jerseys? how much more black do you think I used as opposed to those?

acc-maryland.jpg

Maryland's always used some black, it's in their state flag, which is essentially the school's colors. They're using it more than they used to, but it's always been there. Oregon started using it when they first started to get Nike-sized, and it's always been there just for the sake of using black. Never been relevent.

Wow thats interesting...

acc-maryland.jpg

Maryland's always used some black, it's in their state flag, which is essentially the school's colors. They're using it more than they used to, but it's always been there. Oregon started using it when they first started to get Nike-sized, and it's always been there just for the sake of using black. Never been relevent.

im very aware of both of those facts... i had never seen the black pants with the white jerseys though

i was commenting on the amount of black, b/c philly made a comment about a regulation regarding the amount of black on a road jersey...an idea that is very foreign to me...thats why I posted that picture.

temp.png

so its a shoulder pad regulation? and it only applies to the specific color black on white jerseys?

I never knew that...very interesting...I'll take that word and go through and remove the black panel on the white jerseys....which means my road is going to look alot like the one they have now...but oh well

also im going to go through and do another oregon with zero black! just to test my flexibility...because i was really sucking with all the gold

also expect oklahoma state and maryland redesigns

temp.png

edit: So apparently the black top panel on my road jerseys would be deemed illegal...so I went through and removed most of it. I didn't want to remove all of it, and left the sleeve half of the jersey black. I actually prefer the look over my initial design. Tell me what you guys think.

untitled.png

temp.png

I don't like the white pants with any of the dark jerseys. I agree that the white jersey looks better with less black. I know a lot of people are critical about the black in the Ducks uniform set and in this concept, but I actually like it. I would use a little more yellow though, but not as a jersey color.

A long time ago, someone posted the actual rule verbatim right from the rule book. I forget who did it and when, but that would be very helpful right about now. Even with the new update, I stand by my original feedback all three jerseys look best with black pants, and the set as a whole is a slight upgrade from their current look.

Archived