New Reel

Davidson

howdy,

as some of you may already know, im a designer and animator by trade.

well its been clear over a year since i updated my showreel and ive had

some spare time kicking around recently so i decided to take a crack at a

2009 version

see what you think. its not quite done today (thursdays) but i should have

a final graded version all up by the weekend.

Amazing stuff, as always, Fraser.

I had meant to tell you, too, that they've started showing the 2008 Holsten Premier League over here in Canada with your intros. Those look great. But I thought they were all set to AC/DC when you posted them? The ones I saw were some orchestral music. Ah well, still blows the cartoony/superhero thing they did in ?07 out of the water.

Amazing stuff, as always, Fraser.

I had meant to tell you, too, that they've started showing the 2008 Holsten Premier League over here in Canada with your intros. Those look great. But I thought they were all set to AC/DC when you posted them? The ones I saw were some orchestral music. Ah well, still blows the cartoony/superhero thing they did in ?07 out of the water.

really? thats sweet. im just about to film this years stuff actually. its gonna be a sort of batman/ gotham city pastiche type of thing.

you heard it here first. they were all just set to back in black originally. the trouble is that sky can only use a track 3 times as incidental

music before they get hit up for serious cash by the music cos. so they have to change them all the time. bit of a shame because

could have made the piss take wrestling intros cut to the audio otherwise.

Top work again Fraser, did you get to work with Pink or were they pre done shots and are sky doing any new intro for the next season of the Premier League Darts?

Also have your company recently opened an office in Manchester?

logo.png

Top work again Fraser, did you get to work with Pink or were they pre done shots and are sky doing any new intro for the next season of the Premier League Darts?

yes, yes, yes.

shes a bitch with horrific skin.

started production on new darts things this week,

and yup opened an office up in the northern quarter.

saw it before xmas. very nice place. there are 3 of them

at the moment.

yes, yes, yes.

shes a bitch with horrific skin. Not good, i imagined her to be the ones that if she is in a mood she could be proper hard work though could also swing the other way.

started production on new darts things this week, Cool, any teasers for what i can expect for when i go to see them at the MEN arena?

at the moment. I thought so, was reading about them in something last month and some of your work was used in the article. They've picked a great spot to be located, some top class bars around their along with the best Kebab house in manchester.

logo.png

yes, yes, yes.

shes a bitch with horrific skin. Not good, i imagined her to be the ones that if she is in a mood she could be proper hard work though could also swing the other way.

started production on new darts things this week, Cool, any teasers for what i can expect for when i go to see them at the MEN arena?

at the moment. I thought so, was reading about them in something last month and some of your work was used in the article. They've picked a great spot to be located, some top class bars around their along with the best Kebab house in manchester.

yup, as a general rule of thumb, famous people are twats. not all but the vast majority of those i meet.

this year is gonna feel distinctly gotham city. havnt made mind up much after that really.

yeah chris left london to head north and now has a little team. one after effects girl and a 3d bloke.

went to a couple of the bars round there.

take a peek at our blog for pictures of our new offices and other bits and bobs.

think that article from computer arts is in there too.

http://blog.mainframe.co.uk/

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the new darts intro and titles last night. Impressive work once again, definitely a Batman and comic theme, the movement of the camera reminded me of spiderman swining through the city. Also like "the King" logo.

logo.png

Saw the new darts intro and titles last night. Impressive work once again, definitely a Batman and comic theme, the movement of the camera reminded me of spiderman swining through the city. Also like "the King" logo.

cheers. the project was a little disappointing in the end due to rendering issues and time constraints.

glad you liked it tho.

fd

Awesome stuff. But just one small gripe -- I liked the Jackson Sisters more than the current electronic/ambient stuff.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 1 month later...

Saw them on the big screens at the arena last night and they looked great on the big screens, the Matardor logo looked class. Did you guys give PArt the Darth Maple nickname as seeing how uncomfortable he was walking down with the lightsabre was funny.

logo.png

Saw them on the big screens at the arena last night and they looked great on the big screens, the Matardor logo looked class. Did you guys give PArt the Darth Maple nickname as seeing how uncomfortable he was walking down with the lightsabre was funny.

haha. no, we didnt come up with any of the names. thats them and the sky producers. james wade wanted to have the moniker 'the blade' but was told he couldn't due to the increase in knife crime in the uk. all the darts production guys have their own darts names. my favourite is 'oche balboa'.

glad you thought they looked okay, i think they look a bit rough and dark as we had to hide some render errors in them.

• 10 months later...

yeah, just finished the three new guys today. the new people are adrian lewis, darren whitlock and ronnie baxter.

its the same titles as last year.

as a side issue, ive nearly finished my 2010 reel, so ill past that next week.

fd

Archived