2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

HOWEVER - he does have the right to demand a trade after this season, due to the CBA. So if he doesn't like pitching in Citizens Bank Park, or just hates Philadelphia, he could end up being just a rental.

What does this mean? If Halladay does demand a trade, what happens?

They have a certain amount of time to trade him or he becomes a free agent on March 15.

http://zozone.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/07...sider_abou.html

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, how freaky is that...we linked the same article within a minute of each other...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Okay, how freaky is that...we linked the same article within a minute of each other...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

lol. I'll have to tell Todd how popular his blog is next time he's over to play cards.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Bobby V is leaving his Japanese team after this season. Is he eyeing a return to the MLB?

I'm good with that, just as long as he brings the shades and phony 'stache with him. B)

6uXNWAo.png

Hopefully a return to the Mets is in order

To replace Omar, right? :P

Well Omar may have just signed his own death warrant. This story with Adam Rubin now is blowing up all over the NY media outlets. For those who didn't hear, during the press conference to fire Tony Bernazard Omar Minaya accused Rubin of having lobbied the Mets for a front office job in the past, and insinuated that he wrote the story about the fight in Binghamton (which was true) in an attempt to basically get a job with the Mets.

Only the Mets could botch this. What a joke of an organization. I'm dumbfounded. They always make things worse...

I'm sure a LOT will come of this...

Basically the Mets fired Bernazard ONLY because the story got out into the papers and instead of just firing the incompetent Bernazard, they made an even BIGGER embarrasment out of themselves, their organization, and an EVEN BIGGER story that had no reason surfacing.

The Mets really are a joke. Even IF the RUbin story is true, what did that have to do with Bernazard embarrasing the organization?

ONly the Mets could take a simple press conference for a simple personnel move and turn it into a much bigger circus.

I hate this team, I really do.

And by the way, if it is in fact untrue, then that's a textbook example of slander.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I hope the Wilpons have to sell this team soon, Mark Cuban are you listening come buy the Mets please.

This is what I am talking about with Omar he is an utter disgrace.

And then they send these awful e-mails

A Message from Mets General Manager Omar Minaya
I wanted for you to hear directly from me today regarding an update on the investigation of Tony Bernazard, our Vice President of Player Development.

Prior to a series of articles published in the media, our Baseball Operations and Human Resources departments had begun looking into several matters involving Tony. Once those reports became public, we accelerated our investigation. We wanted it to be thorough and complete it as quickly as possible while still being fair to Tony. That process concluded over the weekend.

Yesterday, I met with Tony in person to have a frank conversation about what we had learned following interviews with numerous people. I also wanted for Tony to have the opportunity to give his side of the story.

After meeting with Tony, and giving a lot of thought to the facts, I came to a decision on Tony's status which I shared with Ownership last night. My recommendation was that we needed to part ways with Tony, as his behavior in his interaction with others was inconsistent with our organization's values. Ownership agreed with my assessment and accepted my recommendation.

I spoke with Tony this morning and informed him of my decision to terminate his employment with the Mets.

Personnel decisions are never easy. And one can't make them without giving it a lot of thought. It's even harder when you know someone as I do Tony. Tony and I go back a long time. He is a dedicated baseball man who loves the game, someone I like and respect, and someone who has contributed to the Mets. In the end, however, I just told him I couldn't leave him in his position after all that had transpired.

As General Manager of the Mets, I am fully accountable for our Baseball Operations department -- on and off the field -- and stand by this decision.

Thank you for your ongoing support of the Mets.

I am so sick of the way this team is run, and its not to mention how they have botched an entire season with their awful training and medical staff.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm not sure what's so bad about that statement from Omar. I'm not sure that they needed to send e-mails to anyone, but it sounds pretty professional and appropriate.

When the email is combined with the Adam Rubin stuff it comes off hollow, and its about the 20th apology email they have sent me.

Who is Adam Rubin?

He is the reported who broke the story of Bernazard's bizarre behavior, during the news conference Omar basically trashed Rubin and said he had alterior motives for reporting what Bernazard did. Its what NJMeadowlanders was talking about.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sounds like Arroyo could be heading to the Yanks.

A Yankees reporter has shot down that rumor. No official word yet.

The Yanks just loaded up on starting pitching in the offseason. What the hell do they need Arroyo for?

6uXNWAo.png

The Yanks just loaded up on starting pitching in the offseason. What the hell do they need Arroyo for?

wang2.jpg

For this guy.

wang2.jpg

For this guy.

Can't they just use Phil Hughes as their fifth starter? He can't be must better/worse than Wang and Arroyo -- or do the Yanks just like taking on huge contracts cause they can?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived