Keyser High School Golden Tornado

Throwback

A few months ago I posted a high school football concept. I didn't get much feedback and didn't get to refine the idea. These ideas and concepts are the fourth iteration that I've made made and I'm dubbing them board-worthy:

So without further digression,

Logos

Football Home

Football Road

Football Field

Football Action

Basketball Road

Basketball Home

Lady's Basketball Home

Lady's Basketball Road

Baseball Uniforms

Baseball Action

I will do other sports.

C+C please

(I'm serious about this one)

~?~

With all do respect, the tornado logo looks like half a banana. Worse yet, it appears that you created it in paint in about ten minutes. If I'm wrong about that I apologize, but that's how it looks to me.

You need to make eyes that aren't so geometric, and you need to convey a sense of circular motion. Also, is that black spot a nose or a mouth?

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

I like the basic design itself, and the K and GT logos are nice enough, but that logo... it doesn't even vaguely look like a tornado. Maybe make it a little more sleek, with swirly lines or something, and change up those eyes. Just add some variety... Make it a little more like this, and you're set.

http://eteamz.active.com/matornadoesaauorg.../tTornadoes.png

Decent work, just make that logo better and you're set.

scotland_fifasig.png

TheAK47: I was just taking some artistic licence, if I were, by some miracle, to perdue making this concept, well... not a concept that would probably be changed- for financial reasons

logocruncher: That logo is amazing I'll try something like that.

wbachmann: It''s a mouth.

~?~

The uniform looks pretty good, but the logo is a big downgrade. A tornado shouldn't look so solid, and it has a very strange expression, like it just got punched in the stomach.

But with a name like Keyser, the mascot really should be the Sozes. Perhaps with a gold lighter for the logo.

The uniform looks pretty good, but the logo is a big downgrade. A tornado shouldn't look so solid, and it has a very strange expression, like it just got punched in the stomach.

But with a name like Keyser, the mascot really should be the Sozes. Perhaps with a gold lighter for the logo.

How'd you know my name!!!:P

I remember several years ago we were knocked out of the playoffs by Polka, West Virginia's finest... ...the Dots

~?~

How'd you know my name!!!:P

I remember several years ago we were knocked out of the playoffs by Polka, West Virginia's finest... ...the Dots

Actually, the Dots hail from Poca, WV.

The uniforms are a bit too modern for me, but for what they are (a modern uniform) they are well put together. I do like the gold facemask on the helmet. (I don't particularly care for dark helmets with matching dark facemasks.)

As for the logos, a modernization of the current twister/tornado logo would work much better I believe. I like the fact that the current one is smiling/smirking. That, and it has several curves to it. (It's more dynamic.) As others have stated, it looks like your version just got the wind knocked out of it. (Would that mean that it got itself knocked out of itself then? Tornadoes are just wind, right?) It also seems very rigid. Also, I like the interlocked GT logo and the typeface you used for your wordmark.

Thanks to all of the C+C so far I've sketched and photographed several new logos that i think will be more dynamic, the face I've kept the same (our compromise) bot the shading seems more alive. Ill decide which one to digitize and digitize it Based on your feedback (any charitable being would be welcomed to digitize themselves if they'd like)

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

~?~

Thanks to all of the C+C so far I've sketched and photographed several new logos that i think will be more dynamic, the face I've kept the same (our compromise) bot the shading seems more alive. Ill decide which one to digitize and digitize it Based on your feedback (any charitable being would be welcomed to digitize their self if they'd like)

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

"A" is your winner...I guess. Good job getting rid of that vertical line. You'll definitely need to have some swirling motion lines inside the cone to keep it from looking like a flat top.

I really want to reiterate, though, that the face needs a lot of work and is going to keep this from being a quality concept even when you update.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Thanks to all of the C+C so far I've sketched and photographed several new logos that i think will be more dynamic, the face I've kept the same (our compromise) bot the shading seems more alive. Ill decide which one to digitize and digitize it Based on your feedback (any charitable being would be welcomed to digitize their self if they'd like)

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

"A" is your winner...I guess. Good job getting rid of that vertical line. You'll definitely need to have some swirling motion lines inside the cone to keep it from looking like a flat top.

I really want to reiterate, though, that the face needs a lot of work and is going to keep this from being a quality concept even when you update.

If it runs out to be a major problem I'll change the eyes, I'm still a little attached. As for now-- once I digitize the logo, I'll mve on to basketball.

Does anyone have any other sketch preferances, I'm partial to B.

~?~

I say the original (the logo you're trying to replace) is still the best of all.

In my opinion yours is currently too one-dimensional. A tornado should have wisps and cows flying about (lol). Seriously though, the eyes and mouth are not doing it for me, though they look best in choice G of your drawings. Maybe something a little less abstract? Similar to the eyes and mouth of the ice cream cone in this logo I did back in the day:

e64e0d86.gif

Right now it looks like a lopped off bullhorn or banana. Wispy. WISPY!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Archived