Baracklyn Cyclones

WJMorris3

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not wanting to be left out of the fun, the Quad Cities River Bandits are celebrating Autism Awareness day with Hillary Clinton bobbleheads:

o6EspMlD.jpg

And then on July 9, it's Tribute to the Office night with an Obama bobblehead:

V8BywMmE.jpg

I actually like the looks of the Obama bobblehead. And politically it's win-win: If you approve of the president, there's a smiling little Obama doll for you. If you disapprove of the president, he's all decked out in red.

20082614447.png

This may be a stupid question, but what does Hillary Clinton have to do with autism?

The Cyclones had this promotion a few years too early for me. If they did this in say, 2016, before he left office with a high approval rating (for example), then it makes sense. But this is 2009. A lot can happen in three to seven years.

This may be a stupid question, but what does Hillary Clinton have to do with autism?

The Cyclones had this promotion a few years too early for me. If they did this in say, 2016, before he left office with a high approval rating (for example), then it makes sense. But this is 2009. A lot can happen in three to seven years.

Yeah, Hillary Clinton and autism isn't an ... obvious connection to me. But I think you've got the timing issue with the Baracklehead exactly wrong. Right now, he's a very popular new president -- by definition; you don't get to be a new president without first being popular -- and the novelty is what allows this kind of silly promotion to work. Even supposing that President Obama serves two successful terms and leaves office as a popular president -- the two things do not always go hand in hand -- 2016 will be an election year, and so an Obama promotion would have the effect of a political endorsement during a campaign. Now, at the start of a new president's term, is the one time when you can actually get away with doing this sort of thing. However crass or misguided or partisan you may think the Obobbleheads are this year, they will only get more so with each passing year. It's really now or never with this sort of ballpark promotion.

20082614447.png

Yeah. "PMS Ravaged Bitch Night" I could see, but autism?

Dude, does your mother know she raised a child who talks like that? I'll admit to being nearly rabid with contempt for Hillary Clinton, but that comment right there is sexist crap. The woman is in her 60s, so she can't get PMS.

20082614447.png

Yeah. "PMS Ravaged Bitch Night" I could see, but autism?

Dude, does your mother know she raised a child who talks like that? I'll admit to being nearly rabid with contempt for Hillary Clinton, but that comment right there is sexist crap. The woman is in her 60s, so she can't get PMS.

Wow, thanks for saying that, BallWonk. I hate Hillary as well, but that was just rude. Whenever there's a female politician, people always say something about PMS.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Mac's just being consistent. He says the same stuff about his wife, and I'm sure he will about his daughter when she gets to that age.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Mac's just being consistent. He says the same stuff about his wife, and I'm sure he will about his daughter when she gets to that age.

Well, that doesn't make it OK. But whatever :P

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Archived