Northern League expansion (Ind. Minor League Baseball)

Joshawaggie

The Northern League is gonna expand from 6 to 8 teams. One new team will be in the Chicago area, and owned by Kevin Coster. True story.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/229877/group/home/

So that's 4 in the Chicagoland area now?

That's a nice little pre-made division for a convenient breakaway. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The more Indy baseball, the better.

They're going to have a 'field' day with promotions and marketing materials.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Northern League is gonna expand from 6 to 8 teams. One new team will be in the Chicago area, and owned by Kevin Coster. True story.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/229877/group/home/

So that's 4 in the Chicagoland area now?

That's a nice little pre-made division for a convenient breakaway. :blink:

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw northern league. I remember the Joliet's bid was done (mostly) to aid in the rejuvenation of the downtown area, wonder if Coster is doing the same for his career.

Zion is a great location for a team. It's right on the state line. Can't make it to a Cubs game or a Brewers game because the tickets are too scarce or expensive? Catch some Northern League ball, cheap fun for the whole family.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the idea is to recapture/bask in the reflected glory of Field of Dreams, Costner should have put the team in Dubuque, Iowa which is a good-sized city half an hour away from Dyersville where the actual field is located, in a region that has a ton of farm teams but few if any indie ones.

CCSLC signature.png

Good I hope this keeps the Northern League going because after Edmonton and Calgary left I really thought the league was going

And a sidenote I really think the Winnipeg Goldeyes should move to Single A or Double A beautiful stadium and fan support is great

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Good I hope this keeps the Northern League going because after Edmonton and Calgary left I really thought the league was going

And a sidenote I really think the Winnipeg Goldeyes should move to Single A or Double A beautiful stadium and fan support is great

the problem is, there are no affiliated leagues within bus distance. It killed the Whips in 1971, and it would kill the Goldeyes now.

At best, they should try to join the American Association, but Sam Katz's ego would never allow it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

the problem is, there are no affiliated leagues within bus distance. It killed the Whips in 1971, and it would kill the Goldeyes now.

At best, they should try to join the American Association, but Sam Katz's ego would never allow it.

How many times have I heard that but the AA is pretty good league to stronger then the Northern League as well

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

How many times have I heard that but the AA is pretty good league to stronger then the Northern League as well

Probably because they ripped the heart out of the NoL when they left.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Probably because they ripped the heart out of the NoL when they left.

The Goldeyes were invited to the party several times by Veeck and the other owners in the AA. He wanted none of it.

He also wanted a NIFL franchise in Winnipeg, so I'm thinking Sammy's sporting acumen ain't what it used to be.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived