Remember this Penguins jersey?

Blue Falcon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do the Steelers have a little old man as their kicker?

capt071956f3353949d4a8d8a994cf77a1b9steelers_comic_kicker_football_pagp101.jpg

Guy_Fieri_129132.jpg

DOUCHE

That was my initial thought when I saw the second image of him. It's actually funny though, because my dad ended up sitting next to that chef guy at a local restaurant while he picked his brains on what he thought was good to eat there.

Why do the Steelers have a little old man as their kicker?

capt071956f3353949d4a8d8a994cf77a1b9steelers_comic_kicker_football_pagp101.jpg

Guy_Fieri_129132.jpg

DOUCHE

That was my initial thought when I saw the second image of him. It's actually funny though, because my dad ended up sitting next to that chef guy at a local restaurant while he picked his brains on what he thought was good to eat there.

Guy Fieri is no chef. The dude has a bachelor's in Hospitality Management. He is qualified to be a manager at a local TGI Friday's, but unqualified to cook there.

I do not remember that jersey, but it is a great looking jersey. I wish the Penguins would go back to those colors to match up with the other Pittsburgh teams.

If they brought that jersey back they would screw it up and go Vegas Gold.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

That's what I was thinking. Maybe an ex kicker?

And don't you mean they were worn for ALL home games during that time?

I'm pretty sure it was a Sunday alt. CCM re-released these a few years ago, and actually, I saw them in a local sporting goods store this fall. I've always wanted a Coffey or a McSorley one.

I thought his whole claim to fame was from being a chef?

He is a cook, not a chef, there's a difference (apparently). Same thing with Rachel Ray. They're both cooks, not certified chef's like Mario Batali or Bobby Flay, Giada Dilaurentis, people who actually know how to make something!

That's what I was thinking. Maybe an ex kicker?

And don't you mean they were worn for ALL home games during that time?

I'm pretty sure it was a Sunday alt. CCM re-released these a few years ago, and actually, I saw them in a local sporting goods store this fall. I've always wanted a Coffey or a McSorley one.

I wasn't aware that the NHL ever had Sunday alt. jerseys.

According to nhluniforms.com it was used from 1981-1985.

Apparently it was just a regular alt. I checked the date of a game in which they wore them(assuming Getty images is right), and it turned out to be a Monday.

I too wish the Penguins would go back to those colors. Black and gold for everyone now but them, and not even the alternates! Those stupid blue ones instead. If you are going to use a vintage jersey as an alternate I'd hope they'd pick something nice and classy like those or the black version of those.

2ly2w09.jpg

I too wish the Penguins would go back to those colors. Black and gold for everyone now but them, and not even the alternates! Those stupid blue ones instead. If you are going to use a vintage jersey as an alternate I'd hope they'd pick something nice and classy like those or the black version of those.

Agreed.

You can get those only in reps, but all over here. I just picked one up a Dick's before Xmas for $135. They need those colors, slide the numbers to the sleeves, and have three jerseys, the yellow alts, the cup whites, and the cup blacks. Done...or take the pre-edges and put them in black and (yellow) gold.

PS Jeff Reed is a tool. My friend works for the Steelers and he even says what a douche he is. He won't go out on the town without his big body guards. Embarrassing story...My wife is obsessed with him and she even has a rep jersey...yes, a kicker's jersey...and spent $40 for an autograph at some fundraiser a week before the SB.

/rant over.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived