Remember this Penguins jersey?

Blue Falcon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do the Steelers have a little old man as their kicker?

capt071956f3353949d4a8d8a994cf77a1b9steelers_comic_kicker_football_pagp101.jpg

Guy_Fieri_129132.jpg

DOUCHE

Exactly why I don't eat at Applebee's.

I mean really, would YOU eat anything made by this assclown??

I don't eat at Applebee's because of the jizz in the alfredo sauce.

Guy endorses TGI Fridays...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Penguins really need an alternate that utilizes the vegas gold color as the base.

and Guy Fieri is a douche, but he doesn't cook at either Applebees or TGI Fridays..........Mexicans do.

^ I'm Mexican, so I can say this. No, I've never worked at either place.

Guy_Fieri_129132.jpg

DOUCHE

Exactly why I don't eat at Applebee's.

I mean really, would YOU eat anything made by this assclown??

I don't eat at Applebee's because of the jizz in the alfredo sauce.

Is that what he uses to keep his hair in place? ..."Alfredo sauce"?

6uXNWAo.png

These jerseys were great! They started wearing these in the 82-83 season and only lasted for three regular seasons. The first year jerseys were made by Sandow SK, then General Athletic, then CCM. The General Athletic jerseys were pretty special because it was the first time tackle twill crests were used since their previous blue jerseys. I also want to let everyone know that these were not only worn of Sundays. These jerseys were referred to as the Sunday home alts, but they did wear them for a few other games. I have spent many years and countless hours researching NHL uniforms, so I am pretty confident that all of this information is accurate.

Here is another picture.

radA4F941.JPG

The Penguins really need an alternate that utilizes the vegas gold color as the base.

and Guy Fieri is a douche, but he doesn't cook at either Applebees or TGI Fridays..........Mexicans do.

^ I'm Mexican, so I can say this. No, I've never worked at either place.

Did you ever see the Vegas gold WBS jersey? I don't know if it makes a good solid base color, but the yellow one does for me. Anyway, in today's NHL, I can see a Vegas Gold Pens jersey, skating Penguin on the shoulder...maybe, and the giant PENS across the chest. That would be FUGLY!

KISSwall09.jpg

1980-81.jpg

1980-81

1983-84.jpg

1983-84

I own one of these golds, without a name on the back. It's a really sharp jersey, and it really sticks out amongst the sea of Black, White, Vegas Gold, and Blue at the arena.

I just remembered that I have a pair of those socks. I traded my Red Wings socks to a friend for those. He wanted red ones, and I wanted the yellow ones, so I guess it worked out, except he's on a yellow team now. Ha! I win!

I think once I find a job or whatever, I need to purchase one of these jerseys. McSorley seems to still be the front runner for the name on the back.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe an ex kicker?

And don't you mean they were worn for ALL home games during that time?

I'm pretty sure it was a Sunday alt. CCM re-released these a few years ago, and actually, I saw them in a local sporting goods store this fall. I've always wanted a Coffey or a McSorley one.

Can someone help me where to find one of these jerseys? B)

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I'm pretty sure it was a Sunday alt. CCM re-released these a few years ago, and actually, I saw them in a local sporting goods store this fall. I've always wanted a Coffey or a McSorley one.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_img

I find it interesting that of all the Penguins jerseys, this is the one they sill produce. No Stanley Cup jerseys, no expansion jerseys, just the Sunday alt.

a quick google search found this:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/89218511

Guy_Fieri_129132.jpg

DOUCHE

That was my initial thought when I saw the second image of him. It's actually funny though, because my dad ended up sitting next to that chef guy at a local restaurant while he picked his brains on what he thought was good to eat there.

Guy Fieri is no chef. The dude has a bachelor's in Hospitality Management. He is qualified to be a manager at a local TGI Friday's, but unqualified to cook there.

The Food Network apparently thinks he's qualified to be a chef. Why else would they have given him 3 shows (Guy's Big Bite; Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives; and Ultimate Recipe Showdown)? Just because someone didn't graduate from a culinary institution doesn't mean they're not qualified to be a chef.

a quick google search found this:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/89218511

I've been seeing that version online lately. It's a knock off.

1229873091359jpg.jpg

The one you linked to has the modern Penguin crest.

ccm_pittsburgh_penguins_vintage_jer.jpg

This one that the Penguins sell themselves has a gimpier Penguin.

Archived