Remember this Penguins jersey?

Blue Falcon

Why do the Steelers have a little old man as their kicker?

capt071956f3353949d4a8d8a994cf77a1b9steelers_comic_kicker_football_pagp101.jpg

Guy_Fieri_129132.jpg

DOUCHE

That was my initial thought when I saw the second image of him. It's actually funny though, because my dad ended up sitting next to that chef guy at a local restaurant while he picked his brains on what he thought was good to eat there.

Guy Fieri is no chef. The dude has a bachelor's in Hospitality Management. He is qualified to be a manager at a local TGI Friday's, but unqualified to cook there.

The Food Network apparently thinks he's qualified to be a chef. Why else would they have given him 3 shows (Guy's Big Bite; Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives; and Ultimate Recipe Showdown)? Just because someone didn't graduate from a culinary institution doesn't mean they're not qualified to be a chef.

Um, yes, it does.

That's like saying "just because they didn't graduate from medical school doesn't mean they're not qualified to be a doctor."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't you finish an apprenticeship, and then be a chef? Isn't that how it used to go before culinary school?

Cooking food doesn't equal prescribing medicine, last I knew.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Surprisingly, I saw someone walking around in that jersey on campus. I thought it was a knock-off, I guess it might not have been.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

True, but a degree in Culinary Arts or Food and Beverage Management may be of assistance in landing a position out side of the Applebee's or Chilis' of the world. (Man I love Chilis')

-Dan

Chili's is the new golf course.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Can't you finish an apprenticeship, and then be a chef? Isn't that how it used to go before culinary school?

No, it's not, but be it an apprenticeship or graduating culinary school, he hasn't gone through the appropriate channels to become a chef. A doctor, chef, mechanic, almost any profession requires the appropriate training. Guy Fieri hasn't fulfilled the necessary qualifications to become a chef.

And Chili's rules. Someone needs to open a franchise north of the border.

No, it's not, but be it an apprenticeship or graduating culinary school, he hasn't gone through the appropriate channels to become a chef. A doctor, chef, mechanic, almost any profession requires the appropriate training. Guy Fieri hasn't fulfilled the necessary qualifications to become a chef.

And Chili's rules. Someone needs to open a franchise north of the border.

They exist in Alberta and BC

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

Guy_Fieri_129132.jpg

DOUCHE

That was my initial thought when I saw the second image of him. It's actually funny though, because my dad ended up sitting next to that chef guy at a local restaurant while he picked his brains on what he thought was good to eat there.

Guy Fieri is no chef. The dude has a bachelor's in Hospitality Management. He is qualified to be a manager at a local TGI Friday's, but unqualified to cook there.

The Food Network apparently thinks he's qualified to be a chef. Why else would they have given him 3 shows (Guy's Big Bite; Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives; and Ultimate Recipe Showdown)? Just because someone didn't graduate from a culinary institution doesn't mean they're not qualified to be a chef.

Um, yes, it does.

That's like saying "just because they didn't graduate from medical school doesn't mean they're not qualified to be a doctor."

I actually disagree with that. Technically, maybe you can't be qualified as a chef, but that doesn't mean you can't cook a good meal. That's basically saying you can't cook a good meal, unless you go to culinary school.

Thats like me saying you can't put a band-aid on a cut, unless you go to med-school.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Ive actually been to three places that were featured on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives:

Mad Greek Cafe in Baker, CA on the way to Las Vegas - was pretty good, but I rate it the worst of the three "triple-D featured places" Ive been to.

Falafel's Drive In in San Jose - I am actually very much a fan of this place

Joe's Cable Car Diner in San Francisco - ate there one time and was pretty impressed, however they have a plasma there mounted that continually plays the clip from the show on a loop. It got annoying after two times.

and steering back on topic......the pens need a new logo that actually looks like a penguin.

Guy_Fieri_129132.jpg

DOUCHE

Um, yes, it does.

I actually disagree with that. Technically, maybe you can't be qualified as a chef, but that doesn't mean you can't cook a good meal. That's basically saying you can't cook a good meal, unless you go to culinary school.

Thats like me saying you can't put a band-aid on a cut, unless you go to med-school.

Wow, I guess Reed really IS a douche:

Reed throws towel tantrumComment Email Print Share Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Jeff Reed is in trouble with the police over some towels, but not the Terrible kind waved by his fans.

Pennsylvania state police say Reed threw a temper tantrum at a Sheetz convenience store in New Alexandria, a tiny borough about 35 miles east of Pittsburgh, because its restroom didn't have any towels.

Reed has been cited for disorderly conduct and criminal mischief, offenses similar to traffic tickets that carry a maximum fine of $300 and 90 days in jail each. Police said he broke the towel dispenser then used profane language to an employee and also outside the store.

"Reed caused damage to a towel dispenser as he was infuriated at the fact that there were no towels in it," according to a news release by Trooper Shawn Askins, who issued the citations. The incident occurred Saturday about 2:50 a.m.

A message left on an answering machine at Reed's home was not immediately returned.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team wouldn't have any immediate comment.

"We're still gathering information right now," Lockett said Saturday.

Reed made 27 of 31 field goals and 36 of 37 PATs for 117 points in his seventh season with the Steelers, which was capped by Pittsburgh's 27-23 win over the Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl.

Reed has made nearly 83 percent of his field goals (162 of 196) and scored 733 points for the Steelers in his career.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Story goes that he was at a bar for an appearance/autograph session and after the third person went, he announced he just wanted to party and only let skanky girls up to see him. He was supposed to have "Steeler friends" and showed up with Sepulvada (sp?) the team chiro and a relative. Got drunk and upset at Sheetz and the rest is reported in the blotter above.

KISSwall09.jpg

http://penguinjersey.com/PensPages/PensJer...-90Jerseys.html

Says it is the first 3rd jersey and it was worn sundays.

If I remember correctly, they also had gold helmets at the time, too.

51401989gm3.jpg

56978307qp9.jpg

The only thing keeping this jersey from perfection is that the numerals are on the shoulders instead of the sleeves.

Gold numerals on the sleeves would be an improvement.

Archived