Nice Guy...but He Stinks

IronChefShark

ok, heres an interesting question.

now what kind of player would you want on your team

an overall nice guy who has barely a lick of talent...

or a complete total jerk who readily contributes to your team winning?

me, give me the latter any day. Im not gonna be friends with anyone on one of my teams, nor am I gonna be offended if that guy blows me off for an autograph. The team is paying you TO PERFORM. If you perform and help the team win, thats all I care about.

You can be the nicest, most upstanding guy on the team. But if you cant put up the numbers expected of you...then sorry, take a walk!

Im sure there are gonna be many varied opinions on this subject, but this is just mine.

In summary, Id rather have an a-hole that puts up a .346 batting average then a nice guy that puts up a .221 batting average.

I'd prefer balance, but it wouls also depend on who else is on the team--do I have any good players other than the jerk? Am I one player away from being a serious contender? If I have no good players--or very few--or if I'm one player away from taking it all--I'll go with the jerk--but then again who says I have to decide between just those two guys?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Depends on how good the team is. If the team is gonna suck without this guy, then gimme the a-hole. If the team will be good without him, then gimme the guy who respects who pays his salary.

IUe6Hvh.png

It trully does depends some headaches you can handle but when the team starts slipping and the headache keeps acting up then you have to cut your losses the way teh 49ers did with T.O.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Id rather have an a-hole that puts up a .346 batting average then a nice guy that puts up a .221 batting average.

Amen. Shark, we agree on this one.

Give me Terrel Owens. I'll throw him the ball all day, and win games doing it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'd rather have guys who tip the scale on the talent and the personality such as Kurt Warner and Albert Pujols. However, in general, I'll take the nice guy. I'll say this, I would rarely have a jerk like TO on my team. Not to say I wouldn't sign a guy like TO and see if I couldn't get him to shape up, but I wouldn't put up with that crap if he kept it up.

Archived