Savannah Georgians

JayJaxon

I would like to have a fantasy baseball team based out of Savannah, and the best name I could come up with are the Georgians. I know it may sound kinda lame...but it's the best I can come up with. If any of you have any better ideas, please share them.

Here is the logo package I put together for this team. Uniforms will follow after I get some feedback. I would like to know what you guys think about the colors, the wordmark, everything pretty much. Anything you can suggest to improve this is appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE: Uniforms Added

SavannahLogos.png

Savannah_Uniforms.png

Overall, it looks good. I'm not sure about the logo with the outline of the State of Georgia however. IMO it would be more effective if the state wasn't skewed like that. Right now the shape reminds me of the Edmonton Oilers' alternate logo as weird as that sounds lol.

What about the Savannah MidKnights? You could call their stadium "the Garden."

I like where you are going with it. What would the team logo be though? And would the colors work in your opinion?

UPDATE: I added uniforms.

The ideas of the team having to do with the African Savannah or Forrest Gump would not work really. I would want to distance myself from the African aspect of the name because it is Savannah, Georgia. And RoughRiders, I appreciate the input, but although the movie was filmed in Savannah, it takes place in Alabama and wouldn't work.

Thanks for the suggestions. I would love to hear more.

There's so much more to Savannah, I just don't think Georgians captures the city. What about Generals, as a nod to the city's miliary history. General Oglethorpe founded the city and the colony of Georgia, and General Sherman found the city too beautiful to destroy at the end of his march to the sea, and instead offered the city as a present to Abe Lincoln. Also from the history department, you could go with Cotton Exchange, a building (now restaurant) that still exists in downtown that was vital to the cotton industry in the south. Finally, there's the link to Savannah's Irish population and St. Patrick's Day celebrations. You could do something obvious like Irish, or delve more into that culture with something like Hibernians.

Either way, the logo and jersey set is okay, but to me it screams Georgia Southern. Same colors, same style. I'd take a new name as a jumping off point and go from there.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

There's so much more to Savannah, I just don't think Georgians captures the city. What about Generals, as a nod to the city's miliary history. General Oglethorpe founded the city and the colony of Georgia, and General Sherman found the city too beautiful to destroy at the end of his march to the sea, and instead offered the city as a present to Abe Lincoln. Also from the history department, you could go with Cotton Exchange, a building (now restaurant) that still exists in downtown that was vital to the cotton industry in the south. Finally, there's the link to Savannah's Irish population and St. Patrick's Day celebrations. You could do something obvious like Irish, or delve more into that culture with something like Hibernians.

Either way, the logo and jersey set is okay, but to me it screams Georgia Southern. Same colors, same style. I'd take a new name as a jumping off point and go from there.

I agree with you. A new name is needed. It drives me crazy that I'm from that area and can't think of a name. The best one is taken (Sand Gnats) I used blue and gold, but really I'm up for using anything. I really do want the team to be based in Savannah though.

I thought of Savannah Stingers and use a Jellyfish as the logo. I haven't seen that done before, and Savannah is a coastal city. I thought of Savannah Peaches, but that makes me think of the team from 'A League of their Own' Savannah is famous for all the haunted places, and I thought of the Savannah Spirits, but I'm not sure how I would make that work.

I like Generals, but every time I think of that I think of Lee or Jackson, and I don't want to do a Confederate related package for the team.

I have been on River Street and Bay Street during the St. Patrick's Day celebration, and I loved every minute of it (that I can remember) But Irish just doesn't seem to fit a city in South Georgia.

With that said, I love your ideas and I'm sure any minute now something will come up that I will just feel belongs. ha ha. Thanks for the input.

I agree with you. A new name is needed. It drives me crazy that I'm from that area and can't think of a name. The best one is taken (Sand Gnats) I used blue and gold, but really I'm up for using anything. I really do want the team to be based in Savannah though.

I thought of Savannah Stingers and use a Jellyfish as the logo. I haven't seen that done before, and Savannah is a coastal city. I thought of Savannah Peaches, but that makes me think of the team from 'A League of their Own' Savannah is famous for all the haunted places, and I thought of the Savannah Spirits, but I'm not sure how I would make that work.

I like Generals, but every time I think of that I think of Lee or Jackson, and I don't want to do a Confederate related package for the team.

I have been on River Street and Bay Street during the St. Patrick's Day celebration, and I loved every minute of it (that I can remember) But Irish just doesn't seem to fit a city in South Georgia.

With that said, I love your ideas and I'm sure any minute now something will come up that I will just feel belongs. ha ha. Thanks for the input.

I like the Stingers idea. Using a Jellyfish would be pretty unique. Thats the way I would with it.

jNTsTyQ.png

You could do something Forrest Gump related. I think the movie was filmed in there, or based in there.

nah...it was based in Alabama..

but it was recorded in Savannah, GA

I reccomend Savannah Sun Sharks..nice alliteration, its on the coast, and its sunny!

temp.png

What about the Savannah MidKnights? You could call their stadium "the Garden."

I like where you are going with it. What would the team logo be though? And would the colors work in your opinion?

UPDATE: I added uniforms.

The ideas of the team having to do with the African Savannah or Forrest Gump would not work really. I would want to distance myself from the African aspect of the name because it is Savannah, Georgia. And RoughRiders, I appreciate the input, but although the movie was filmed in Savannah, it takes place in Alabama and wouldn't work.

Thanks for the suggestions. I would love to hear more.

I've actually created teams called the Savannah MidKnights in some EA games. Savannah has a ton of greenspace, so I might suggest a deep green and Midnight Blue, and maybe a slate grey as an accent. Logo, I sketched up a Circular Shield with a knight's lance breaking out of the circle at 12:00 on the shield. Although, now that I think of it, that might be a better secondary/shoulder patch.

I like the Stingers idea. Using a Jellyfish would be pretty unique. Thats the way I would with it.

You watch too much SpongeBob. :lol:

Use a blue and green hornet, not a Jellyfish, IMO.

Archived