NHL Trade Deadline

Linus

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember that some deals can already be done but have yet to be approved by the league.

I believe the Flames and Rangers are both over their cap limit.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Remember that some deals can already be done but have yet to be approved by the league.

Whats the over/under of deals finalized after 3pm?

IIRC, last year there were deals that were announced up to 7PM. Deals can't be done after 3PM, but if faxes get to the NHL office at 2:59PM, then they still have some paperwork to do prior to announcing each trade.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Expect the Flames to place someone on IR (possibly Rhett Warrener) or swing one more deal that has a Prospect for Draft Pick.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm pretty sure someone on TSN said you can't be over the cap limit at any time. Meaning you can't trade for a player who will put you over, then make another deal that will take you under. You must be under at all times. So the Flames and Rangers may have something going on or figured out already.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

IIRC, last year there were deals that were announced up to 7PM. Deals can't be done after 3PM, but if faxes get to the NHL office at 2:59PM, then they still have some paperwork to do prior to announcing each trade.

Awesome, the fun is only beginning then.

I guess we're both streaming off TSN... :D

Yep! Thank god this steam works here in the States, usually their feeds are blocked to out of market viewers/listeners, like they did with the World Junior Championships.

Antropov to the Rangers for a second rounder and a conditional pick. Good move for Toronto to get something for a guy who more than likely wasn't coming back.

4 minutes til the deadline!

I'm pretty sure someone on TSN said you can't be over the cap limit at any time. Meaning you can't trade for a player who will put you over, then make another deal that will take you under. You must be under at all times. So the Flames and Rangers may have something going on or figured out already.

I know the Flames are so close to the Cap that there good for both the deals not sure about the Rangers

EDIT

- Burke looking to move Martin Gerber

- Alexei Ponikarovsky to Nashville for Draft Picks waiting conformation

- Chris Neil close to signing extension with the Sens

- Derek Morris to Rangers

- Bouwmeester not leaving the Beach

WOW What 3 Minutes can do

Where the hell are the Rangers getting all this money/cap space? I thought they were over cap at the start of the season...

*TIME IS UP!* Put your pens and pencils down, close your test booklet and pass it to the front of the class.

Rangers of the late 1990s/early 2000s, so much for a youth movement.

Where the hell are the Rangers getting all this money/cap space? I thought they were over cap at the start of the season...

*TIME IS UP!* Put your pens and pencils down, close your test booklet and pass it to the front of the class.

And there sending a great future player in Nigel Dawes to Phoenix, I think the Coyotes have had the most solid day out of everyone so far expect Trades to be rolling in for the next few hours that have to be approved

Moore was traded...

Morris headed for New York Rangers for Kalinin, Dawes and Prucha.

Rangers of the late 1990s/early 2000s, so much for a youth movement.

I just like to reiterate my previous post :)

Archived