NBA Redesign Project

patsox

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that you went back to the original colors, they look much better, but I think you should include black in there somewhere. I have to say this is probably your best concept so far in this series. Although I am usually not a huge fan of striping across the butt, I think it looks pretty good on this concept. Nice work patsox.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The Bobcats' colors are better, but the design is still VERY simple and, sorry to say, boring. Everything is flat. I would add either black or silver (conservatively) and rethink the striping. Come up with something more dynamic in terms of striping.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I really like the Mav's one, good way to make place for the green into the uniforms and the Texas' lone star also. Your orange attempt for the Bobcats it's also an improvement, but I will prefeer the letters they have used for the nascar special unis instead of that underlined expansion-team typography.

As for the others, I don't feel they're an improvement or an step ahead in relation with what the team's actually wear. I really like your idea to bring back the white letter's in Chicago away's uni.

I hope you'll continue with this project, I am a fan of every NBA Redesign Topic I've seen in this boards and I will keep and eye on this one.

Here is an update of the Bobcats concept.

What I changed:

-Colors: I added silver and a darker version of the shade of blue they use.

-Added collar striping

-Changed drop shadow on numbers to the darker blue

-Modified striping pattern

I would still appreciate C&C on both of the recent concepts. A Bulls update is on its way. Thank you.

...and Juggoo, I was going to use that version of the wordmark, but I couldn't find a copy of the logo.

BobcatsConceptClear.png

I like the idea behind the bobcats update, but I think you used too much silver on the pants, or not enough on the jerseys. It looks unbalanced. Just tone down the silver in the pants. Remember silver is only an accent color, so don't overdue it.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Here is an update of the Bobcats concept.

What I changed:

-Colors: I added silver and a darker version of the shade of blue they use.

-Added collar striping

-Changed drop shadow on numbers to the darker blue

-Modified striping pattern

I would still appreciate C&C on both of the recent concepts. A Bulls update is on its way. Thank you.

...and Juggoo, I was going to use that version of the wordmark, but I couldn't find a copy of the logo.

BobcatsConceptClear.png

The best!

• 1 month later...

Eh, nevermind. I think posting that was a mistake. Looking back at them the next morning, they look awful.

I'll get back to this sometime in the future. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of the thread.

Dude, no offense, but this one is pretty bad. I don't like the Warriors current duds either, but these are just stunningly unoriginal. You used the same number font, same striping pattern, and same basic colors (the Pacers have navy and you have royal, but still), and it just doesn't work. Look at one picture of the Pacers' home jersey and the similarity will jump out to you. You really need to give this jersey some sort of flair of one kind or another. I'm not saying go Discrimihater on all of us ( :D ), but you need some originality in your designs.

scotland_fifasig.png

i think one of the main reasons you're not receiving a lot of c&c is all of your templates are really too similar to differentiate, with the exceptions of dallas and charlotte.

I agree 100%. I feel nearly every concept in this thread has had a boring striping pattern down the side of the jersey. Like logocruncher said, be creative with your designs. The other thing is, if you are going to return to the old colors, please change that blue, it is way too bright.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived