NBA Redesign Project

patsox

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's really nice. It's cool to see the progression this concept went through. You did a great job listening to C&C and improving your concept based on it. I've still got one more idea, though. Maybe you should have a silver stripe mirroring the white one on the jersey. It would add some nice continuity with the shorts. Do you know what I mean?

scotland_fifasig.png

Here is another concept that I did. I personally find the Bobcats current color scheme to be putrid. The blue, which works for the Seahawks, does not work for the Bobcats IMO. Then that BRIGHT orange really doesn't pair up well with it. Plus, even though I know team colors don't always need to match the colors of the animal they represent I don't thing orange and sewer blue work well for the name Bobcats. The design of their uniform also sucks, quite frankly. Whether they are wearing the home whites with the stupid parallelograms going down the sides or the ugly mismatching mesh blue uniforms, they look like as big of a joke as they play. Since they are already moving towards a switch to blue, I ran with the color blue for this concept. I pondered going with a Carolina blue scheme, but I decided to leave that for UNC. Plus, I kind of fell in love with this color scheme for the Cats.

What has changed

-Color scheme: blue-orange-silver-black to NAVY AND GOLD

-Uniform Design: They already wear a modern design, so I dedided not to change that. They are a new team so it fits.

-Numbers-I went with a non-italicized version of their current numbers because the italicized version looks awful.

-Primary logo-Their alternate logos are far superior and look much more like bobcats than their current primary logo. I went with one of those with the wordmark as the primary logo. I also placed this logo on the shorts.

What has stayed the same:

-Wordmarks: These are the one part of their identity that I do not absolutely hate. This is essentially all that stayed the same.

Without further ado here is the concept. I would appreciate some constructive criticism. Thank you.

Primary logo:

BobcatsClear.png

Home Uniform:

BobcatsHomeClear2.png

Away Uniform:

BobcatsAwayClear2-2.png

I feel like this color scheme takes away from any uniqueness the Bobcats had with orange. I believe they were the only team to wear orange as a road jersey, with this concept they just join the parade of navy or blue dominated teams. Plus, this looks a lot like division rival Washington in terms of color scheme and overall design. The pants aren't bad but the tops are very boring. I still think you should listen to the suggestions I made about layout, the striping should be shown on the front and back views. That's your decision but it would greatly help the concept, right now it looks wrong.

I feel like this color scheme takes away from any uniqueness the Bobcats had with orange. I believe they were the only team to wear orange as a road jersey, with this concept they just join the parade of navy or blue dominated teams. Plus, this looks a lot like division rival Washington in terms of color scheme and overall design. The pants aren't bad but the tops are very boring. I still think you should listen to the suggestions I made about layout, the striping should be shown on the front and back views. That's your decision but it would greatly help the concept, right now it looks wrong.

I know what you're saying about the side striping, but this striping isn't meant to be that thick and I don't feel like at the thickness I intend this to be that it would be visible from the front and back.

I know what you're saying about the side striping, but this striping isn't meant to be that thick and I don't feel like at the thickness I intend this to be that it would be visible from the front and back.

Unless it it piping it would be seen, maybe only a little. Pants would be seen, for sure. I don't mean to make a big deal about it, it would help the presentation though.

Home Uniform

BobcatsHomeClear3.png

Away Uniform

BobcatsAwayClear3.png

What has changed

Added side details to front views.

...and here is the court I designed for the Bobcats:

CatsCourt.png

Elliot, thank you for your help. I'm surprised I didn't notice that the side striping should be visible on the front of the shorts and I'm glad you pointed that out.

I actually really like the Bobcats' colour scheme, it looks really good. The new colours are good, too, but it doesn't feel like they fit the team at all.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Agreed about the color change. It looks a little collegiate.

bingo

I'm not sure how to fix that, because I don't know how navy and gold is any more collegiate than orange and blue. Anny suggestions?

Any more comments before I move on to the next team?

Even though I don't mind their current color scheme, I actually like the transition to navy and gold. Maybe you could still use an orange with that navy.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Milwaukee Bucks

Here is my completed Bucks concept. I was inspired by the throwback inspired alternates and I used those as the basis for these uniforms. I also took a hint from one of their old uniforms that had a red script on the home jerseys. I put an alternate logo on the shorts to give them a little spice.

Buckshometransparent-1.png

bucksawayclear-2.png

What has changed:

-Wordmark: I deleted the bevels-too trendy

-Uniform design: like I said it is supposed to resemble the alt.

What has stayed the same:

-Colors: Classic colors

-Wordmarks for the most part

-Numbers: less skinny. I think the skinny long numbers are gimmicky

Constructive criticism will be appreciated. So please look this over and let the feedback fly. Thanks guys.

Archived