AHL's Syracuse Crunch proposing AHL Winter Classic

Burmy

Since the Brew Crew and the Ads. share some minority owners, it could very well happen, probably not but could. They could even make it part of their Arctic Freeze tailgate weekend they have. Like give away a free Ads ticket with every ticket purchased that day to see the game later on. Ads weason ticket holders would get primo seating and regular hockey fans could purchase the rest of the best at a discount duting the season.

packchampionslfroh.png

I think that the first AHL Winter Classic should be in Canada. I would like to see the second one in Connecticut, because it has Rentschler Field. The Wolf Pack are the AHL affiliate of the New York Rangers, and the Bridgeport Sound Tigers are the affiliate of the New York Islanders, so you would get the rivalry factor. But thats just me.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

I think that the first AHL Winter Classic should be in Canada. I would like to see the second one in Connecticut, because it has Rentschler Field. The Wolf Pack are the AHL affiliate of the New York Rangers, and the Bridgeport Sound Tigers are the affiliate of the New York Islanders, so you would get the rivalry factor. But thats just me.

It's also local to you.

/Let's see a Winter Classic at O'Brien Field in Peoria.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's also local to you.

/Let's see a Winter Classic at O'Brien Field in Peoria.

Or at Wrigley Field in... wait.

Alexian Field in Schaumburg, then?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Granted their my "hometown" team, but I think a winter classic in the AHL needs to be in Hershey. They've been in the league since 1938, so I think it's only fitting.

Plus, I'd love to see these throwbacks:

Frank_Mathers_1956.gif

Mathers.JPG

Granted their my "hometown" team, but I think a winter classic in the AHL needs to be in Hershey. They've been in the league since 1938, so I think it's only fitting.

Frank_Mathers_1956.gif

Mathers.JPG

I think the Bears need to play the Amerks in an upcoming AHL Winter Classic (two oldest teams in the AHL).

Not sure whether it should be at Rhinos Stadium of Frontier Field yet...

v40P3lq.png

Frank_Mathers_1956.gif

Mathers.JPG

I think the Bears need to play the Amerks in an upcoming AHL Winter Classic (two oldest teams in the AHL).

I thought Springfield was older than the Amerks. I know that they changed names a lot, but aren't they one of the original teams? I also agree with Shumway, the Bears should be first. After all they are the oldest continuous team in the AHL.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Frank_Mathers_1956.gif

Mathers.JPG

I thought Springfield was older than the Amerks. I know that they changed names a lot, but aren't they one of the original teams? I also agree with Shumway, the Bears should be first. After all they are the oldest continuous team in the AHL.

Actually the original Springfield franchise is Peoria-for those keeping track.

IIRC Springfield also spent some time in Syracuse during its life.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived