Memphis broke out some strange uniforms

GoDawgs08

Here's the only pics i could find...

de69c789-c564-4891-bd78-8f90e4d47c20.jpg

54dc5637-b8cc-4ce3-865b-4185e15cbab9.jpg

dad141e7-485b-4bbd-8292-17ef8a9cdf52.jpg

What the...? :blink:

Exactly what thought when I saw that. I wonder what genius came up with the idea "Hey guys lets make a two tone gray uniform, it will be so cool!" This is especially absurd for Memphis, they're colors are blue and white for crying out loud!

Blue and gray actually, but that only goes to show that they have issues with their colors. Also, those uniforms are disgusting, and are definitely too dark (at least from behind to be used with a dark green like Tulane.

Oh Nike came up with some stranger ones...

Tiger stripes and RTL!

Oh boy!

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/...a-ncaa-tournam/

Oh wow!! I really hate when teams get so inconsistent though. New solid whites and blues, then those stormy looking alternates...and now this.

There is no doubt that the new craze in uniforms is going from crazy piping to sublimated patterns...

dont know how i feel about this yet.

temp.png

The shoes do look very cool. But the entire thing on a jersey? Another Olympics styled hidden pattern? And mixed messages...the article has a blue-on-blue pic, but the text says it will be white on white. Very odd.

I love how this new material reduces the weight of the jersey by almost a third (?)...I can understand making all the advancements you can, but these claims are becoming more and more out there. It almost sounds like the jerseys are so advanced they not only reduce drag, weight, etc., of a jersey--they help you perform better than if you wore nothing at all! Over. The. Top.

Favorite parts about the article, however? The RTL thing, meaning or not, is just a letter off from FTL (internet slang for "For the Loss/Lose," or in other words, "FAIL")....making it that much easier to mock these jerseys if one were so inclined...

And the best uniform related quote ever:

"It's neat stuff," Calipari said.
Wisdom.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived