Memphis broke out some strange uniforms

GoDawgs08

The Tigers wore some interesting uniforms tonight.

They were a darkish gray on the front... and had an even darker charcoalish color on the back... the two sides divided (raptors unis from a few years back would be a great example) by blue stripes that ran vertically along the sides and on the shoulders...

blue wordmark... blue numerals i think... very odd

anyone know what in the world went on here? how is that any more legal than having those crazy stripes they had?

it looked ridiculous anyhow...and nearly falls into the black jersey category.

wish i could get a pic faster...

temp.png

I was instantly reminded of the Mavs' trash bag unis... and not in a bad way. Though I wasn't sure if the unis were actually two-tone, or if one of the guys was really sweaty. Either way, from a quick glance via Sportscenter highlights, I liked the look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was at the game in the nosebleeds. It was hard to tell the two teams apart at times (I'm a bit colorblind). I had to follow the color of the numbers.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Here's the only pics i could find...

de69c789-c564-4891-bd78-8f90e4d47c20.jpg

54dc5637-b8cc-4ce3-865b-4185e15cbab9.jpg

dad141e7-485b-4bbd-8292-17ef8a9cdf52.jpg

What the...? :blink:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

on the one hand, good to see Memphis remembered that gray's one of their colors. however, wearing em against Tulane only half works...a while back I'd played Bucks vs Nets in Live, Bucks in the 97 greens, Nets in the now-old grays, and had a helluva time tellin em apart. Yeh, basically, these Memphis unis, as long as they don't wear these against any more green teams they'll be alright. Green + dark gray don't provide enough of a clash IMO (and probably other folks' opinions as well)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I like the gray front, but I could do without the darker gray back. Typical Nike "let's do something weird to grab attention."

As a whole, I like the SOD tops, but I echo the other sentiments about the length of the shorts.

I really have a great dis-taste for the SOD shorts/dresses. They are quite ugly.

I agree. It looks like they wrapped a towel around their waist after the shower and hit the court wearing it.

looks nothing like a towel

All the good photo sites are blocked to me here so I can't do a search, but didn't Memphis wear a set at the start of the season that was white in the front and light gray or silver in the back for at least one game? Maybe during a pre-season tournament or in some other November/December game?

I know Memphis is a color confused school.

According to NCAA March Madness 08 on ps2... Memphis' colors are blue and orange? It kind of makes sense because the Tiger logo has orange...but I dont think they have ever used orange in a uniform?

am i right or wrong on this one

temp.png

Here's the only pics i could find...

de69c789-c564-4891-bd78-8f90e4d47c20.jpg

54dc5637-b8cc-4ce3-865b-4185e15cbab9.jpg

dad141e7-485b-4bbd-8292-17ef8a9cdf52.jpg

What the...? :blink:

Exactly what thought when I saw that. I wonder what genius came up with the idea "Hey guys lets make a two tone gray uniform, it will be so cool!" This is especially absurd for Memphis, they're colors are blue and white for crying out loud!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived