Calgary Towers Concept Logo

Phil

I got a lot of new Rockets logo vibes from this - simple, stylized and effective. Good work, man. My only suggestion would be to tinker around with adding another color, like a blue or even a gray.

I'd be curious to see how this'd look in a wordmark or jersey.

Please don't take this the wrong way, i love the idea of the logo, but the top of the CN tower there looks like an acorn....

great looking logo though...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Thanks for the comments boys... quick reply...

UW: The colours the Towers had used to this point was all red, white, and black (figures, it's Stampman we're talking about). However, I can see how a third colour might benefit the logo... we'll see...

JQK: It's actually the Husky Tower in Calgary (click here to see a picture of it)... and yes, upon further review, the rounding of the edges of the top of the tower does make it resemble an acorn. :D Another thing I could definitely have a look at.

Thank you both for the kind words.

Keep the feedback coming. Somebody already stated your opinion? Post it anyway!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Sy, that's some excellent and really effective work. I think it's an excellent idea. My only concern is how it would translate on darker backgrounds due to the fact that the bottom of the tower is open at the end. Just an observation. Otherwise, it's a great looking logo.

Sy, that's some excellent and really effective work. I think it's an excellent idea. My only concern is how it would translate on darker backgrounds due to the fact that the bottom of the tower is open at the end. Just an observation. Otherwise, it's a great looking logo.

Ditto on that Syphi, otherwise a superb logo my man.

Sy, that's some excellent and really effective work.  I think it's an excellent idea.  My only concern is how it would translate on darker backgrounds due to the fact that the bottom of the tower is open at the end.  Just an observation.  Otherwise, it's a great looking logo.

Ditto on that Syphi, otherwise a superb logo my man.

Hmmm... good question. Well, see for yourselves a couple of options...

Calgary%20Towers-4up.gif

Calgary Towers Concept Logo - 4up

one can go the 'Toronto Maple Leafs'-esque colour inversion route as in 2 and 3, or the more obvious white outline option as in 4.

What do you think works best?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

good job SyPhi...very simple and symbolic

do you realize is looks like a "cents" sign ¢ though? I don't know there's any other way to put a vertical icon through a "c" that won't look like money. Maybe if it was a little more obvious they were two distinctive shapes (you have overlapping at the bottom of the c, but at the top they combine to one shape).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Sy, nice job. Good inspiration hit this time!

I like the concept, but it looks a little too much like just that - a concept; it doesn't seem finished.

Also, I absolutely abhor the change of colors on different backgrounds. Put a bottom on it, and keep it white.

Overall, nice. Good job.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Put a bottom on it, and keep it white.

While it would solve the problem, a lot of the flow of the logo depends on the bottom being open. An open bottom leaves more to the imagination, and adds to the sense of the height of the tower without actually physically increasing the vertical size of the image.

Personally I'm a fan of logos that are versatile enough to change colours on different backgrounds, but I'm not totally sure it works that well with this particular logo... the safe route would definitely be the white outlined one.

...and jp, putting the tower through the C just made cents. Sorry, had to say it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I see what you mean, and totally agree.

perhaps fill the white and have it end with an angled look, withOUT a black outline,. that way the black gives it a look of continuance and height, but the white provides a boundry?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

the only thing really bugging me is that the C and the TOWER are connected at the top but the TOWER is overlapping the C on the bottom. id either make them connected at both ends or have the C overlapping the TOWER at the top

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

the only thing really bugging me is that the C and the TOWER are connected at the top but the TOWER is overlapping the C on the bottom. id either make them connected at both ends or have the C overlapping the TOWER at the top

This is a good point, but I don't mind it as is.

I'm unable to show you what I mean with a quick sketch Sy, but in short, I would put a white outline around the whole thing, and then just have it kind of jump across the open part. I guess that still isn't very understandable.

Hey Pat, I'm glad you noticed. At first, the idea was to combine a C, a T, and a tower all into the same logo. The original concept had a T consisting of the red highlight. As the logo creation progressed, the T got less and less visible, however I still liked the way the connected C and tower looked.

If they were connected at the top and bottom, it would emphasize the "¢"ness of the logo... if they were both separate, it would add depth I really didn't think the logo needed.

STL, I think I might know what you mean. I'll have a try.

Edit... please see #4 in the 4-up above... is this better?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Neat shot of the Calgary Tower! It was originally called the Husky Tower after Husky Oil---there is now a different Husky Tower or two in Calgary--the towers of the Husky Oil office building...Although the actual name is Western Canadian Place....

Check this out--

"Husky Tower" from forme Husky Tower

Compare it to the heights of other things---

silly but fun

There's another site I thought I had bookmarked, but don't I tried to search for and found the two above--it shows the heights of buildings to scale for the worls, or smaller portions of it as well...

As for the logo--well I certainly have my opinion on it, and will be posting that later in case anyone else wants to comment--I don't want to influence your comments...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Thanks for the comments boys... quick reply...

UW: The colours the Towers had used to this point was all red, white, and black (figures, it's Stampman we're talking about). However, I can see how a third colour might benefit the logo... we'll see...

And also --The Peregrines of the TNFF will be using Red, gold and black--so see I can do something different!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hey Pat, I'm glad you noticed. At first, the idea was to combine a C, a T, and a tower all into the same logo. The original concept had a T consisting of the red highlight. As the logo creation progressed, the T got less and less visible, however I still liked the way the connected C and tower looked.

If they were connected at the top and bottom, it would emphasize the "¢"ness of the logo... if they were both separate, it would add depth I really didn't think the logo needed.

STL, I think I might know what you mean. I'll have a try.

Edit... please see #4 in the 4-up above... is this better?

ya i understand what you mean, its just one of those things that once you look at it, it keeps bugging you. but i agree if it was connected at both top and bottom it would look like ¢. but its an excellent logo i like it

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Okay this has been pushed way back--so I'll reply now---I happen to really like the logo--having seen the variations, I still like the original one best, although each one has something to commend it...

It will look great at center court of Palliser Courts, home of the Towers...

Thanks to Syphi for his efforts, generosity, and talents...

(Between Syphi & vicfurth, I'll have a great looking team and court for the NABA--no matter how good or bad my record may turn out to be)

Archived