AL East Concepts

patsox

With this concept, I wanted to give the Orioles a more distinctive look. For this reason I emphasized orange at home, and black on the road (undershirts, belts, socks, alternate uniform). It gives each color centerstage for equal time, while still being balanced.

Also, I elected to go with an older font for the home uniforms. It feels more old-timey and crude to me, while still having an overall professional look. For this reason I think it fits Oriole Park at Camden Yards better. I also thinks it matches their retro-looking road script better.

I also elected to use the old cartoon bird head on the cap. It's one of my all-time favorite baseball logos and I really do not think it is outdated. I've always found their current bird WAY TOO literal and as a result, very boring. Orioles are a bird, and realistic static-looking birds just aren't an interesting thing to look at on a hat or to wear on a hat IMO. In my opinion, the Orioles need to do something to jazz up that boring Oriole, and borrowing from the past isn't a bad idea IMO. I guarantee they would sell more hats nationwide with this logo on it.

For the primary, I took the current logo concept and replaced the current script with the script I used on the home uniforms. I replaced the current bird with the older bird that they used in the earlier part of the nineties. While this Oriole doesn't exactly match the one on the hat, it is less lifelike so it matches the old school bird better than the alternative current one. The primary logo isn't much but it is it the same vein as the Braves and Jays logos which seem to work fine for them.

OsDawg.png

OriolesHomeConcept.png

OriolesHomeAltConcept.png

OriolesRoadConcept.png

OriolesRoadAltConcept.png

And just for kicks, here's a BP jersey concept:

OsDawg.png

I would appreciate some constructive criticism if you would be so kind. Thanks a lot.

1. The Baltimore script is better than the one they have now. Like how the letters are roughly the same height.

2. Use of orange is good. Never liked having the script one color at home and another on the road.

3. Jerseys / pants way too plain. Don't think the Orioles are a team (like the Dodgers, Cardinals, etc.) that can pull off the no-trim / no-piping look. Give them at least something.

4. Orange belts may look a little strange in real life. May want to go black (assuming that you're going with black shoes.)

5. Arch the NOB.

6. Consider front numbers. Not a necessity, but could add something. Consider going with solid black so that the orange script is emphasized. If that looks too strange, just try orange w/ black outline. Again, just an option.

7. If cartoon bird isn't their logo, it probably shouldn't go on the hat. Either integrate it into the logo, or go with the full bird. I'm not sure that it even works as a secondary since it's so different than the primary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why is the home jersey just stuff floating in air? Are they just gonna sew the lettering and numerals on the players for the home jerseys? That would certainly be a distinctive look.

It's not. There's something wrong with your screen, Matt.

Why is the home jersey just stuff floating in air? Are they just gonna sew the lettering and numerals on the players for the home jerseys? That would certainly be a distinctive look.

I see light gray around the home pants, a little down the middle with the buttons, and none around the outline of the jersey, front or back. You may want to look into using a little darker shade of gray for the outline. Doesn't have to be black to be seen, but this is just way too light.

And on the concept, I prefer the current "Orioles" script to the old one. The jerseys are way too plain. The "Baltimore" script? I think the new one could've been a better update of the old one, but the old one still has it's flaws, so it's hard to say which I'd prefer. Plus, I prefer the newer "detailed" bird to the old one, but it really shouldn't even be in there at all if it's only on the primary logo and you used the cartoon bird head everywhere else. Work that one into the primary to tie everything together.

All in all, it's not a bad concept, just not an improvement. A little too bland, personally, for my taste.

The frst thing I would do is like McCall said, darken the outline. It's damn near impossible to see the outline as is. Also I would go witht he full bird logo on the hat. The bird head doesn;t fit with any of the package. It seems and random and just thrown in there for no reason.

jNTsTyQ.png

i agree with BBTV about piping. It's just a bit plain. Black piping on the home/away/orange. Orange piping on the black. Piping on the pants.

I really think that bird on the logo you show (much better than the current hat bird, imho) should be on the hat. Not because it's in the logo, but because I hate "happy bird" on the cap (just my preference).

Otherwise it looks good and, as BBTV said, nice Baltimore script.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

No, he's right, I can also barely see it. Just go with black outlines or dark grey.

This isn't a terrible concept but I don't think it compares to what they wear now. It looks unfinished, like a work in progress or something, because there is no piping. The wordmarks are pretty good but I feel like the current ones are much more refined and while classic, are still an update over this era of wordmark. Also I don't really like the primary bird. I don't know, I feel like the front half of it is simple and somewhat cartoony (it sort of looks like it's smiling) but the back half is much more detailed.

Weird - when I looked at this earlier, the home uniform clearly had outlines. Now, I'm seeing the same "floating" effect as everyone else.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here is a Red Sox concept. There aren't too many differences, but there are some. I added the hanging socks logo to the sleeve of the home jerseys. A bunch of the Red Sox minor league affiliates do this, and I love the way it looks. I also changed the application of the same logo on the road jerseys. I ditched the navy outline on them, because there is no outline in any other application of that logo. I also ditched the NOB's on that jersey, because I feel like they are too old-timey looking to have NOBs. For the home BP's I changed the front wordmark to navy and kept the numbers white for legibility's sake. I kept the hanging socks alone as the primary logo, because like the Red Sox I feel that that logo could be their Apple logo/Nike logo/Golden Arches/what not.

Another thing to note: I excluded alternate jerseys for a reason. I don't think the Red Sox should need/have any.

Primary Logo:

RedSoxPrimaryLogo.png

Home Uniforms:

RedSoxHome.png

Road Uniforms:

RedSoxRoadConcept.png

Home BP Jersey:

RedSoxHomeBPConcept.png

Road BP Jersey:

RedSoxRoadBP.png

C&C would be great as always.

...Orioles update coming soon

Weird - when I looked at this earlier, the home uniform clearly had outlines. Now, I'm seeing the same "floating" effect as everyone else.

Are you on a laptop? Tilt your head.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Are you on a laptop? Tilt your head.

I've found that if I lay on my back and hold the laptop upside down, I can kinda sorta make out the outline (if I keep my left eye shut and squint with the right.) That seems like an acceptable solution.

It's difficult to post from that position though.

For the Rays I will begin by posting the BP jersey I came up with. I've never thought it's made much sense how a team called the Rays has had dark colored alternates/BP-ST jerseys. First off, the Rays hold Spring Training outdoors under the hot sun (like all other teams) and for that reason I believe the Rays and as many other teams as possible should try and use lighter colors for the jerseys whenever possible. I also feel that the light blue is severely underused by the Rays. I believe it is a nice color and it should be used more heavily, especially considering the colors you see in the skies that are lit up by the Rays of the sun ( do you see navy blue up there or light blue usually?). Finally, it would make them look a little less like the Yankees when they play them in Grapefruit League action.

RaysBP-1.png

Constructive criticism, as always, is appreciated. The rest of the uniforms will be coming shortly.

Nice re-color job.

Archived