CCSLC 2009 NFL Mock Draft

Gary

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone thinks a quarterback who started 16 games is good enough to be a first round draft pick? Toughness? Why did he only start 16 games if he was that good? Mark Sanchez is potential, and potential is what will get who ever drafts him fired. It's why Matt Cassell will flop in Kansas City, you can look oh so good with talent around you, sorry Mark Sanchez is probably just as good as Ryan Leif, Alex Smith, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, and of course let's not forget that other "great" USC quarterback, Matt Leinert. Let's be realistic when examining QBs out of the Pac 10, it ain't exactly a defensive league, heck it's probably just a step above the Mountain West and we know what kind of knock QBs out of that conference get for a good reason. I just don't understand why a maybe good quarterback is getting this much love. I guess since no one became hot after the combine, they had to pick someone and Sanchez is that person. I'm not saying that Stafford will be a 3 time MVP, but I would rather have a quarterback that started for 3 years in the SEC against those defenses than a 1 year wonder in a conference with bad defenses. Oh and about Stafford not winning big games, they said the same thing about another SEC quarterback who did pretty well in one Payton Manning. Oh and this crap about Mark Sanchez being tough, um we haven't seen Mark Sanchez beat up. We haven't seen how he responds to having his lunch handed to him. Stafford at least got his lunch handed to him on week to week basis. I'm not saying that Stafford will even be a starter, but there is nothing on Sanchez that says you draft him first round. Oh and let's not forget that Sanchez's college coach felt it was the wrong move, that alone is a red flag.

But it's the 'Skins, man. When do they ever do a damn thing that makes sense?

You're right. It's an organization that is based solely on potential and they always fall way short. Kind of like the San Jose Sharks.

Worse yet, based solely on potential as seen by a guy who knows NOTHING about football other than owning the team!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Oh, well....I'm up after the next pick, and I'm leaving. So, my big plans were to trade down from #8 and select either Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins....Davis is an Illinois boy with more upside, but Jenkins doesn't have Vontae's character concerns and can play FS or CB.

So....I guess I probably would've selected Vontae Davis, CB, University of Illinois.

Since we didn't get this all finished I'd just like to compare the actual picks with our picks for the teams that we're done.

Mock

1. Detroit Lions- Aaron Curry, MLB, Wake Forest

2. St. Louis Rams-Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs- Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

4. St Louis Rams- Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas (From Seattle)

5. Cleveland Browns- B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

6. Cincinnati Bengals- Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

7. Oakland Raiders- Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

8. Washington Redskins- Mark Sanchez, QB, USC (From Jacksonville)

9. Green Bay Packers- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

10. San Francisco 49ers- Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

11. Buffalo Bills- Aaron Maybin, OLB/DE, Penn State

12. Denver Broncos- Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

13. Jacksonville Jaguars- Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois (From Washington)

Actual

1. Detroit Lions- Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia

2. St. Louis Rams-Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

4. Seattle Seahawks- Aaron Curry, MLB, Wake Forest

5. NY Jets- Mark Sanchez, QB, USC (From Cleveland)

6. Cincinnati Bengals- Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

7. Oakland Raiders- Darrius Heyward-Bay, WR, Maryland

8. Jacksonville Jaguars- Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

9. Green Bay Packers- B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

10. San Francisco 49ers- Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

11. Buffalo Bills- Aaron Maybin, DE/MLB, Penn State

12. Denver Broncos- Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

13. Washington Redskins- Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

Out of the 13 Picks we completed we only got 2 out of 13 with Smith to the Rams and Maybin to the Bills but some good news only 3 of the 13 actual picks weren't in our top 13.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I think my pick for the Raiders was better than their actual pick though...lol

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think my pick for the Raiders was better than their actual pick though...lol

By far you miss out on Crabtree and Maclin and take Heyward-Bay who was the 4th maybe 5th best receiver in the draft and since Al Davis loves the speed players how many of those guys have amounted to anything.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Doesn't matter to me, as I've made my picks, but isn't the mock supposed to occur before the event you're mocking?

Archived