CCSLC 2009 NFL Mock Draft

Gary

Slow down, Hoss. You kinda skipped over the Chiefs at #3. Seahawks have the #4 pick.

I can already say, this is getting good. The Oakland Raiders are open to dealing the #7 overall pick. What y'all wanna do? Gotta be some trades in this draft. So, get at me! Serious offers only though. Let's not waste anyone's time, especially mine. I'm kind of a big deal.

I'm Arizona, so, do you want Boldin for your first round pick?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um...HELL no, JR! I said serious offers. What do we want with an overpaid "third down" receiever? Q is just a taller, more chiseled (and darker) Wayne Chrebet. I'll give you a 2 and a 5. Have at it. I still have to pay this guy, too.

ASIDE: This thing has already been ruined with homer shenanigans. I'll keep playing along, but I think that's some foul :censored:, y'all. The trades were completely ridiculous and y'all should be ashamed. But whatever.

I had a tough time with this one, trying to decide between the teams two biggest needs, offensive tackle and wide receiver. The Raiders were recently burned by a high pick LT experiment (Robert Gallery) and we have seen a trend of wide receivers not usually producing until their third seasons (by then, the Raiders will probably be on their 4 or 5 coach in as many years). A "high risk, high reward" prospect, seemingly perfect for the Raiders to gamble on, exists at each position. The difference is one seems to be a bit crazy...and once someone shows you they're crazy, they'll never show you they aren't crazy. Therefore...

With the 7th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select...

Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

I'm not saying this is the best pick, but the likely pick. Darth Vader, I mean Al Davis, craves speed and Maclin's got it. He's a bit raw compared to Crabtree, but he's got NFL quickness and NFL return ability. JaMarcus Russell needs someone to help him out there...DMac can't carry the entire load with those skinny ass legs. Maclin won't set the world on fire, but he's got a chance to be a huge success if Russell ever figures it out.

JAX is on the clock. (In real life, this is the likely "trade up to get Sanchez" spot, but watch Seattle take him and blow the whole thing up...lol)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I was serious.

I think Maclin for Boldin is a trade 28 GMs would make tomorrow. You know Q is a guaranteed, top-notch #2 WR, and you don't know anything about Maclin in the NFL.

I don't think the trade proposal was out of whack, just simply not to your taste, which is fine.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

JAX is on the clock. (In real life, this is the likely "trade up to get Sanchez" spot, but watch Seattle take him and blow the whole thing up...lol)

Of course in this mock, Stafford is still on the board so Sanchez's trade value is significantly less. Also points the threat to Stafford of not getting a deal done in Detroit though, he could easily fall out of the top 10 if Detroit don't take him (and personally I don't think they should)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I was serious.

I think Maclin for Boldin is a trade 28 GMs would make tomorrow. You know Q is a guaranteed, top-notch #2 WR, and you don't know anything about Maclin in the NFL.

I don't think the trade proposal was out of whack, just simply not to your taste, which is fine.

Didn't mean to offend or be rude. You are right. I just don't think Boldin's a good fit or a good value. Should have left it at that.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

We have a trade. The Jacksonville Jaguars have traded the 8th Overall Pick to the Washington Redskins for their First Round Pick (#13th Overall), their 3rd Round Selection (#80 Overall) and a conditional 2010 Selection.

The Washington Redskins are on the clock.

With the 8th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select...

Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern California

The 'Skins have a 4-plus hour boner over this guy. Seriously, someone call a doctor. I don't like anything about Stafford in the 'Skins system. Not that it'll matter. In 3 years, they'll squander another 30+ million and a top 5-10 pick on their next QB of the future.

The Green Bay Packers are on the clock.

With 9th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Green Bay Packers select....

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

With the ushering in of the new 3-4 Defense and Aaron Kampman's move to OLB, the Pack need a good strong DE to step in and take over the main job.

With the 10th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the San Francisco 49ers select....

Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

The O-Line is not getting any younger on the bay and the Niners need depth and it's very hard to find a good, young left tackle you can hang your hat on for years to come.

The Buffalo Bills are on the clock........

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Would the 49ers really pick Andre Smith ahead of Matt Stafford, who is after all still on this mock board? The 49ers are one team who really seem to need a QB, and I think they would jump at any one that came along.

If this happened fr real about now in the draft, there would be plenty of green room shots of a seriously P****d off young QB, wondering if it was really worth him skipping the last year of school, while that Sanchez guy walks away with a big fat contract!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Would the 49ers really pick Andre Smith ahead of Matt Stafford, who is after all still on this mock board? The 49ers are one team who really seem to need a QB, and I think they would jump at any one that came along.

If this happened fr real about now in the draft, there would be plenty of green room shots of a seriously P****d off young QB, wondering if it was really worth him skipping the last year of school, while that Sanchez guy walks away with a big fat contract!

I thought long and hard about this and in my mind the way you build a contender is through the O-Line and putting a young QB in front of a weaker and older o-line isn't the way to do it, so again if I was Detroit I would have taken Monroe or Smith instead of if they settle on Stafford.

Short answer....it wasn't. Perhaps if young Master Stafford had bothered to actually win a game or two of actual import during his college career, we might think better of him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone thinks a quarterback who started 16 games is good enough to be a first round draft pick? Toughness? Why did he only start 16 games if he was that good? Mark Sanchez is potential, and potential is what will get who ever drafts him fired. It's why Matt Cassell will flop in Kansas City, you can look oh so good with talent around you, sorry Mark Sanchez is probably just as good as Ryan Leif, Alex Smith, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, and of course let's not forget that other "great" USC quarterback, Matt Leinert. Let's be realistic when examining QBs out of the Pac 10, it ain't exactly a defensive league, heck it's probably just a step above the Mountain West and we know what kind of knock QBs out of that conference get for a good reason. I just don't understand why a maybe good quarterback is getting this much love. I guess since no one became hot after the combine, they had to pick someone and Sanchez is that person. I'm not saying that Stafford will be a 3 time MVP, but I would rather have a quarterback that started for 3 years in the SEC against those defenses than a 1 year wonder in a conference with bad defenses. Oh and about Stafford not winning big games, they said the same thing about another SEC quarterback who did pretty well in one Payton Manning. Oh and this crap about Mark Sanchez being tough, um we haven't seen Mark Sanchez beat up. We haven't seen how he responds to having his lunch handed to him. Stafford at least got his lunch handed to him on week to week basis. I'm not saying that Stafford will even be a starter, but there is nothing on Sanchez that says you draft him first round. Oh and let's not forget that Sanchez's college coach felt it was the wrong move, that alone is a red flag.

Short answer....it wasn't. Perhaps if young Master Stafford had bothered to actually win a game or two of actual import during his college career, we might think better of him.

Am I alone in wondering if Stafford missed his final year because he knows that the 2010 QB class is better than this years, so he would automatically have slid down the draft board possibly even into the second round, and he wants to cash in? (Fair play in someways I guess). Incidentally, I would say that it will be a mistake for the Lions to pick Stafford. However if he were still on the board by the time the 49ers picked, I would personally go for Stafford. The 49ers to me seem more desperate for a QB than the Lions, at least, should be, given that Culpepper seems hungry and up for the challenge of leading that offensre.

So far the CCSLC drafters are doing overall a pretty good job I would say.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Lets get a rundown of the Top 10 so far.

1. Detroit Lions- Aaron Curry, MLB, Wake Forest

2. St. Louis Rams-Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs- Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

4. St Louis Rams- Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas (From Seattle)

5. Cleveland Browns- B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

6. Cincinnati Bengals- Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

7. Oakland Raiders- Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

8. Washington Redskins- Mark Sanchez, QB, USC (From Jacksonville)

9. Green Bay Packers- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

10. San Francisco 49ers- Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

11. Buffalo Bills ON THE CLOCK.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone thinks a quarterback who started 16 games is good enough to be a first round draft pick? Toughness? Why did he only start 16 games if he was that good? Mark Sanchez is potential, and potential is what will get who ever drafts him fired. It's why Matt Cassell will flop in Kansas City, you can look oh so good with talent around you, sorry Mark Sanchez is probably just as good as Ryan Leif, Alex Smith, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, and of course let's not forget that other "great" USC quarterback, Matt Leinert. Let's be realistic when examining QBs out of the Pac 10, it ain't exactly a defensive league, heck it's probably just a step above the Mountain West and we know what kind of knock QBs out of that conference get for a good reason. I just don't understand why a maybe good quarterback is getting this much love. I guess since no one became hot after the combine, they had to pick someone and Sanchez is that person. I'm not saying that Stafford will be a 3 time MVP, but I would rather have a quarterback that started for 3 years in the SEC against those defenses than a 1 year wonder in a conference with bad defenses. Oh and about Stafford not winning big games, they said the same thing about another SEC quarterback who did pretty well in one Payton Manning. Oh and this crap about Mark Sanchez being tough, um we haven't seen Mark Sanchez beat up. We haven't seen how he responds to having his lunch handed to him. Stafford at least got his lunch handed to him on week to week basis. I'm not saying that Stafford will even be a starter, but there is nothing on Sanchez that says you draft him first round. Oh and let's not forget that Sanchez's college coach felt it was the wrong move, that alone is a red flag.

But it's the 'Skins, man. When do they ever do a damn thing that makes sense?

But it's the 'Skins, man. When do they ever do a damn thing that makes sense?

You're right. It's an organization that is based solely on potential and they always fall way short. Kind of like the San Jose Sharks.

1. Detroit Lions- Aaron Curry, MLB, Wake Forest

2. St. Louis Rams-Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs- Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

4. St Louis Rams- Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas (From Seattle)

5. Cleveland Browns- B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

6. Cincinnati Bengals- Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

7. Oakland Raiders- Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

8. Washington Redskins- Mark Sanchez, QB, USC (From Jacksonville)

9. Green Bay Packers- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

10. San Francisco 49ers- Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

11. Buffalo Bills- Aaron Maybin, OLB/DE, Penn State

12. Denver Broncos- Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

Jacksonville Jaguars (From Washington) are on the Clock.

Archived