CCSLC 2009 NFL Mock Draft

Gary

I'll take Arizona

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I will have 2 picks now with the Bills, with Peters being traded to Philly.

I don't know how it works Gary will have to look into it?

Well whoever has the Eagles still has pick #21, so I just assume I pick as the Bills will, with #28 and #11?

saBS.png

We have everyone so I think we can start it

With the First Pick in the National Football League Draft the Detroit Lions Select Aaron Curry, ILB, Wake Forest University

My reasoning, we have a defensive minded coach in Schwartz, he is considered the best player in the draft and with his size and explosive power he should be able to be the the cornerstone in the Lions defense for years to come.

Plus the Quarterbacks in the draft this year do not impress me one bit

With the second pick the Rams select from Baylor University Offensive tackle Jason Smith.

EDIT-Reasoning? Best tackle there. And the Rams need a tackle. Badly.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Slow down, Hoss. You kinda skipped over the Chiefs at #3. Seahawks have the #4 pick.

I can already say, this is getting good. The Oakland Raiders are open to dealing the #7 overall pick. What y'all wanna do? Gotta be some trades in this draft. So, get at me! Serious offers only though. Let's not waste anyone's time, especially mine. I'm kind of a big deal.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

it's been a couple days and I haven't heard from jus2damcrazey. So in the fairness I will be making the pick. With the 3rd pick, The Kansas City Chiefs Select, Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

Reasoning: With Curry, and Smith off the board the Chiefs need a dominate Tackle to bolster their Line for the future. Monroe should be able to handle that in the near future.

Seattle is on the clock.

1. Detroit Lions- Aaron Curry, ILB, Wake Forest

2. St. Louis Rams-Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs- Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

Well done. And HUZZAH for not picking Fatthew Staffinfection first overall. The LAST things the Lions need is a too-young QB and no other help. Good pick.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well done. And HUZZAH for not picking Fatthew Staffinfection first overall. The LAST things the Lions need is a too-young QB and no other help. Good pick.

I just don't see the whole hubub about Stafford, they pick him to be the next up and coming jesus for the Lions, when I have that gut feeling he'll be a bust. I think going with Curry they are admitting defense first and defense wins championships.

Seadragon has been fired. I will replace him.

With the 4th pick of the NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select....Jared Ballman, Punter, Washington University.

Scratch that...Seattle just traded their pick to the Rams for Leonard Little.

With the 4th pick in the Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas.

Umm....whoever has the 5th pick is on the clock.

EDIT-Cleveland it is. Lee, get in here or else the Browns are drafting another QB.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Cleveland Browns go for broke and select DT BJ Raji from Boston College.

Cleveland also goes on record as saying it supports the dissolution of the "War On Drugs©."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

With the Sixth Pick, The Cincinnati Bengals (fnz) are on the clock.

1. Detroit Lions- Aaron Curry, ILB, Wake Forest

2. St. Louis Rams-Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs- Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

4. St Louis Rams- Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas (From Seattle)

5. Cleveland Browns- B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

6. Cincinnati Bengals ON THE CLOCK

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived