Interesting little quirk with the Hornets--or at least Chris Paul...

tBBP

While watching the postgame interview with Chris Paul after the Hornets game yesterday, I noticed something unusual about Chris Paul's jersey. Now, in pretty much every other Hornets home jersey I've seen, the collar and "armhole" trim is teal--excuse me, "Mardi Gras Blue", with interior gold(en yellow) trim, pretty much like this here:

040509_NOHUTA_photo1.jpg

:Note the collar and "armhole" trim here. This is from the Hornets game on 4/5.

Well...the uniologist in me noticed something a little different with Chris Paul's jersey. Firstly, the collar and "armhole" trim was purple, and the interior trim was split between the gold(en yellow) and tea--er, "Mardi Gras Blue". It's hard to tell, but these were the best screen shots I could get:

media1.jpg

media2.jpg

See how the interior trim is two different colors?

Don't know if anyone has caught this before or if anyone's noticed this before (or if this is the first time for this), but I thought it to be a bit strange and, at least, pretty daggone cool.

(FWIW, I think the Hornets would be better off just axing the gold(en yellow) altogether and just going with the te...make that "Mardi Gras Blue", and purple with white, and leave it at that. But that's just my opinion.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is how it's SUPPOSED to look:

NewOrleansHornets_HUT_2009.png

"Creole Blue" and "Mardi Gras Gold".

Don't know if Chris Paul's jersey is just different than that, or if it's just the poor video quality.

(Note the color names...!)

This kind of reminds me of a couple years back when Dirk and Jason Terry were in the 3-Point Shoot-out and Terry had White trim on the arm holes and Dirk didn't. I know sometimes their home jerseys have Lighter Blue trim around the armholes, and other times I can't see it, but this was much more noticeable.

Terry with normal jersey

Terry with tweaked uniform, Dirk in the background with normal uniform

It seems like sometimes paths get crossed, and directions get muddled....orrr some athletes make their uniforms just a lil' bit different. Good find though. Werx, any official examples of how the armholes on the Mavs uniforms should look?

It seems like sometimes paths get crossed, and directions get muddled....orrr some athletes make their uniforms just a lil' bit different. Good find though. Werx, any official examples of how the armholes on the Mavs uniforms should look?

Don't know what's going on with Jason Terry's uniform, but here are the official specs (FWIW):

DallasMavericks_RUT_2002-9999.png

This is how it's SUPPOSED to look:

NewOrleansHornets_HUT_2009.png

"Creole Blue" and "Mardi Gras Gold".

Don't know if Chris Paul's jersey is just different than that, or if it's just the poor video quality.

(Note the color names...!)

Where do you find this kind of info? It looks wider than .5'' on the picture.

Archived