NHL Awards Watch

NJTank

I am PISSED that the NHL moved the Awards show to Las Vegas. Part of the fun was having a red carpet experience, where fans could go out and see these players. That element is going to be eliminated and will most likely hurt the fun of the whole show. It is no longer for the fans as there will be very few in attendance for the next few years.

Originally, it was supposed to be held in Montreal this year, but because Vegas was approved, it was moved. I'd have rather have seen it held there than where it is right now...

There is another reason for why I am pissed off that the Awards will be held outside of Toronto, but they are for reasons that I cannot discuss.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I am PISSED that the NHL moved the Awards show to Las Vegas. Part of the fun was having a red carpet experience, where fans could go out and see these players. That element is going to be eliminated and will most likely hurt the fun of the whole show. It is no longer for the fans as there will be very few in attendance for the next few years.

Originally, it was supposed to be held in Montreal this year, but because Vegas was approved, it was moved. I'd have rather have seen it held there than where it is right now...

There is another reason for why I am pissed off that the Awards will be held outside of Toronto, but they are for reasons that I cannot discuss.

I believe I know the reason why, but will not blow it and end up screwing you over.

Tank, the only one I disagree with is the Vezena. As good at Thomas was, I believe that Mason meant that much more to the Jackets and getting them into the playoffs. His season has been stellar. So many of the reliable contenders have been lackluster this year, I believe that Mason has been the steadiest of the bunch considering that Columbus is entering their first ever post-season

I believe I know the reason why, but will not blow it and end up screwing you over.

Tank, the only one I disagree with is the Vezena. As good at Thomas was, I believe that Mason meant that much more to the Jackets and getting them into the playoffs. His season has been stellar. So many of the reliable contenders have been lackluster this year, I believe that Mason has been the steadiest of the bunch considering that Columbus is entering their first ever post-season

Thanks, and ask Chris if you wanna double check. :P

I am torn over the Vezina. I feel that any goalie could have been between the pipes this year for Boston and that they'd have the same basic numbers. If Thomas were to win, he should have won last year when the Bruins came out of nowhere and he carried them into the playoffs. Although, the Vezina is supposed to be awarded to the best goalie, and frankly, Thomas was the best goalie (had the best stats) even though he didn't have the most wins. I do feel the three nominees should be - Thomas, Kipper (for all those wins!!) and Mason. I just find it very tough to decide WHICH goalie should come out on top when they each had different impacts on their teams and in the states column.

I will throw in a curve ball... Luongo has very similar stats to Mason... and he also carried Vancouver to a division title. Should he get the same kind of billing as Mason considering he played less games and complied slightly better stats in every category, except shutouts (missed out by 1 to tie Mason)?

The more I think about it, the more I feel it would be the most fair to award it to Luongo...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Quite frankly, I'm shocked you didn't pick Jose Reyes to win the Hart. :D

In all seriousness, I really hope Datsyuk is a Hart finalist. I'm sure he won't win with Ovie and Malkin's stats, but he definitely should be a finalist. The guy finished 4th in points, while far superior defensively to the guys ahead of him. I think at the least, he'll win the Selke (and deservedly so), and "his" Lady Byng, as he put it.

Mason and Luongo had similar stats, but also consider that Mason started the season in the minors, playing for a team that has never been to the playoffs, as a rookie. Luongo was expected to take the Canucks to the playoffs, Mason wasn't expected to do anything but hold down the fort.

Hart: Alex Ovechkin, WSH (Even though I really believe Zach Parise deserves it, carried the offense for the Devils the whole year.)

Evgeni Malkin, PIT

Zach Parise, NJ

Pavel Datsyuk, DET

Jarome Iginla, CGY

Norris: Zdeno Chara, BOS

Mike Green, WSH

Nicklas Lidstrom, DET

Dan Boyle, SJ

Shea Weber, NSH

Vezina: Tim Thomas, BOS

Miikka Kiprusoff, CGY

Evgeni Nabokov, SJ

Steve Mason, CBJ

Cam Ward, CAR

Selke: Pavel Datsyuk, DET (If Rene Bourque never got hurt he would have been in the running)

David Krejci, BOS

Mike Richards, PHI

Jamie Langenbrunner, NJ

Jarome Iginla, CGY

Calder: Steve Mason, CBJ

James Neal, DAL

Drew Doughty, LA

Bobby Ryan, ANA

Steven Stamkos, TB

Adams: Claude Julian, BOS

Todd McLellan, SJ

Ken Hitchcock, CBJ