CBS Sports Graphic Package

sonks

It's CBS's turn to air the Super Bowl this year and it is an appropriate time to make an update of their on-screen graphics. I hope to distinguish them from other networks with simplicity and subtlety, using graphics that are attractive and make sense while enhancing the sports broadcast experience.

So far I have begun to work out a concept for football telecasts. It is a work in progress, but I hope to show my ideas before I get too in depth here.

The first version you see here is before the snap, with the down & distance showing.

CBSGraphicPackageA1.jpg

The second is after the snap, the down & distance tab "retreats" back and we are given less interference. Also, I included an out-of-town update bar(that would show every half hour) that is HD-friendly.

CBSGraphicPackageB1.jpg

Let me know what you guys think and what you would like to see done.

id look at the layout a bit mate.

i wont think you need two lines of text along the top of the page when you could use 1.

i think at present it seems to encroach onto the picture.

secondly, id find a 'titlesafe' boarder. most of the text along the bottom is outside this region

and not suitable for broadcast. you should probably be able to find on just on image search.

thirdly, the logo looks very lost at present. from the broadcasters point of view this is one of the

most important aspect of any on screen graphic.

on an visual level, its a bit plain for my tastes. these days viewing audiences expect a bit more

from the visuals. broadcasters are very keen on using devices to draw your attention to the most

important information. at present, this all looks a touch homogenous.

fd

Sorry, I'm not a fan. CBS has one of the best graphics packages going these days, and this is a major step down. It is as boring as all get-out, it uses a really generic font, and the CBS logo really gets lost in it.

CBS uses Helvetica (I think the Extended weight) for its on screen graphics. I was a fan of NBC's for a while when they used Insterstate. Very ubiquitous font, but very legible from across the room.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm sorry, but I really don't like this over their current look. Although it could be improved. I like the powder blue-ish color that they currently use and how it sort of wraps around the "eye". The black doesn't exactly say CBS to me either. I say go with their current colors.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived