Which Minor League Hockey Jersey Is This?

DGivens87

This pic appeared in the March 22 Providence Journal's Sports section. It features Providence Bruins player Brendan Walsh. The caption below it reads : "Hard Nosed Brendan Walsh, warming up prior to a game against Hershey earlier this month..."

Here's the link (don't make fun...I just hate geocities and anything else Yahoo!-related)

http://hometown.aol.com/patsthrowback94/my...hatprofile.html

Personally, I don't ever recalled the P-Bruins wearing a gold 3rd/alternate jersey.

I like the jersey..I just don't know which team it is!

I e-mailed the P-Bruins about the jersey in question, and the team's PR man, Adam Alper, e-mailed me back this response:

"The jersey in the photo is actually our Dunkin' Donuts warm-up jersey. The jerseys were just auctioned off with proceeds going to the Hasbro Children's Hospital here in Providence. We'll probably be wearing them again next year, so keep your eyes open for them...this was our second year wearing them."

I've never even heard of warm-up jerseys for hockey...nonetheless, a very cool jersey.

CASE CLOSED lol

I started thinking it might be a warmup jersey. I think the big DD patch on the shoulder is a giveaway...the teams that have sponsors have those patches on the front of the jerseys, not on the shoulders as a design element. I've seen a few AHL teams wear warmup jerseys, the last one I remember was Hershey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

JP, do u have any pics of what the P-B's warmup jerseys look like on the front? Have u seen them before? If so, do the they have their normal "P-spoked" logo on the front or something different?

I e-mailed the P-Bruins about the jersey in question, and the team's PR man, Adam Alper, e-mailed me back this response:

"The jersey in the photo is actually our Dunkin' Donuts warm-up jersey. The jerseys were just auctioned off with proceeds going to the Hasbro Children's Hospital here in Providence. We'll probably be wearing them again next year, so keep your eyes open for them...this was our second year wearing them."

I've never even heard of warm-up jerseys for hockey...nonetheless, a very cool jersey.

CASE CLOSED lol

believe me, we've discussed several at the old boards. some made no sense (like the Baton Rouge Kingfish) and others...well others had to be seen (Bakersfield Condors camoflauge/Army condor)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

dgivens, I've never seen the Baby B's warm-ups. I only guessed that's what they were due to the patch on the shoulder.

IIRC, the Hershey Bears' warm-ups had the Hershey logo on the front, all elements were screened on, it looked like a practice jersey, and the sponsor (Giant, maybe?) was on the back underneath the number. Kind of looked European.

Go on ebay and look for hockey warm-ups. Sometimes Hershey's are there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Here are a few pics of this years and last years warm up jerseys. This years are a hell of alot better than last's. Just a side note- the font for the numbers and letters were also used by Worcester on their St. Patty's Day jerseys the past 2 years as they are done by the same company, Custom Crafted.

Front

aucfront.jpg

Back

walsh.jpg

And last year...

parsons44.jpg

Thanks for the pics Sanq, I really appreciate it. I agree, this year's look ALOT better than last year's. The interesting part of the jersey (aside from the big DD logo) is the number font, which is identical to the number font used by the Providence College Friars hockey and basketball teams. Kinda cool B)

Archived