Dallas Stars

chickenfish13

Hey Guys. I know I just posted my blues concept, but I was working on this one as well, and finished the logos. The jerseys will come. For this one I wanted to bring back the bull logo.

I know everyone hates the bull logo. I dont like it that much, but when the stars introduced it, I'm like "Hey, Cool, they tried something different and out there."

Mine is a little less out there. I got rid of all constellations, and used all dark colors.

And for those of you who are like, Oh, another redesign of an old logo, yippee, I know, I just thought that this one and the blues trumpet could of had a chance. For the next hockey concept I do, it will be start from scratch. I promise :P

OK, hope you like, dont beat me up.

stars.png

it looks well presented, but stars fans would absolutely hate it.

even without the red or constellation.

the team name is stars. not bulls. and bulls aren't really a prominant part of the dallas culture. a bull would make more sense for calgary than dallas.

also, it's still shaped like a uterus.

There is a reason the Mooterus lasted for two seasons and will never be seen again, plus don't bring it back to life.

The primary is ok but a step down from their current secondary logo. I think you should make both logos more detailed and you will atleast be on the right track.

Also which one is the primary and the secondary?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Ah, the Mooterus. The most hated sport logo in the history of Big D (probably). The secondary isn't my favorite, but I like the fact you gave it some green.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

my only complaint with the secondary logo is that the stars have never used a "chubby star" as i call them... not sure what the official term is. but the kind that you can't draw a straight-line across it's "shoulders" if that makes any sense.

i'll shut up now, since i sound retarded.

but the stars, all the way back to minnesota, have had a star shape that's pretty much the same every time. a non-chubby "straight" star and italic.

if you used a star shape more similar to the star currently in use, i think it would be pretty solid.

I like the concept, but if I lived in Dallas, I'm sure I'd hate any resemblance to the Mooterus.

Also, what do you think about changing the background color that your concepts are placed on? The green of the logos and jerseys seem to blend in with the background, which makes them look hollow. Just a thought.

I don't like this over their current one, but its alright I guess. And something you might want to take into consideration- make the background of your logo sheet and jerseys white or a gray-ish color, because I find this somewhat hard to view with the background being the same color as the logos and jerseys.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived