Seattle Mariners concept

chestnutz

Alright, I've had this idea in my head for about a year, just never got around to doing it. I've always loved the Trident-M logo the Mariners had back in the day. So my first order of business was bringing that back, in a modernized form. So I tweaked it quite a bit to my liking.

Secondly, had to get rid of those colors. I hate the navy/teal they have now, it's just...bleh. Navy and yellow is one of my favorite combinations, so I brought the blue and yellow back, but used navy instead of royal.

Third, I sketched out an idea for an alternate logo a loooong time ago, with a ship steering wheel and tridents. This is the one thing I'm not sure about, as it didn't really come out the way I wanted it to, but I can't put my finger on it, so I'm hoping you guys can help.

On the logos, I used an upward perspective to give it a fresher feel, as you'll notice on the wordmarks and primary logo.

Marinerslogos.png

For the uniforms, I just kind of winged it. Baseball purists are impossible to please on these boards, and to me, baseball uniforms pretty much rely on the wordmarks and colors to look "good", because the piping is essentially the same on all uniforms.

The home is a vest, as I loooove me some vests. Road is pretty normal, nothing too out of the ordinary. My favorite is the sunday alt, which I wanted to give a retro, old school feel, hence the two-color cap, a clean white jersey, and bigger sleeve stripes. Always gotta have a colored jersey, so I made a navy one that I think turned out pretty nice.

Marinersunis.png

Marinersalts.png

Don't be too harsh :P

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think the Sunday Home is definately a keeper there.

One thing that bugs me, however, is the font of the numbers and names on each jersey. It seems to clash too much with the script on the front and the number right below it. If think if you find a font similar (or at least less clashy) it would be perfect.

Great work on the logos too!

untitled-1.png

I love this whole set. The logos and wordmarks are absolutely perfect. I also love the colour scheme. However, I agree with Snowcap about the number font.

Also, what template is that? Is it available in svg.?

g4104.png

I'm reminded of the Seattle Pilots when I look at this set. The uniforms really remind me of them. That being said, I love what you have done with this. The trident logo is top notch and the wordmarks look great. The secondary is a little to much but it doesn't ruin the set by any means. My suggestion would be to keep that one as the sleeve patch and Promote the trident to the jersey front of your Sunday Home Alternate. Great job!

Pretty nice. I like the color scheme equally as much as I like the teal and navy, but I like that you changed it up, although I think it would look equally good with a lighter shade of teal. 2 things that I would probably change...

-I'm not sure if the cap logo functions as a primary, maybe you could come up with some type of crest, possibly using that cap logo?

-I would caution against using copperplate. It's not an awful font but it's way overused, for that reason I cringe whenever it is on any type of sports uniform. It does look allright here, I just see it and I'm like "ooh, copperplate, ugh". So consider changing the font, but the style with the offset yellow outline looks pretty good.

And the last thing I would mention is that the baseball in the wheel logo looks like a tennis ball, I ran into the same problem in one of my concepts so maybe make it white.

Archived