Bulldog logo

Ben5

This looks really nice. It's a little bit cartoony looking, which is my only problem with it, but I don't know if that's what you're going for? I think adding more lines (detail) to the bulldog would fix that. Also, I'd go with a darker shade for the collar, this one is really bright.

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

Your Bulldog itself while fairly cartoony with it's emphasised under bite and over sized teeth is reasonably well proportioned and easily recognisable for what it is but it needs a little more detail. In fact perhaps it's not detail it needs I think what it actually needs is some shading, right now there is a lot of white space and shading could help fill some of that and help solidify your design. I'd look at doing it another colour because red white and black for all that it's iconic can be pretty limiting when it comes to producing entire uniforms wordmarks etc. Sure Georgia have done it well, but go look at the now defunct England Monarchs (NFLE) for an example of how that colour scheme can end up leaving your designs looking half complete!

Final piece of advice I'd give, and I'd give this to anyone (and have already loads of times in my short membership here) vary your line weights! Logo's are not Manga cartoons the best creature/character based logos will use varying line weights to imply weight and a solidity/strength or even subtle movement. IMO if you dont master varying line weights it really doesn't matter how long you've spent on a design, it will always look like it was drawn quickly using a fixed size paint brush in photoshop or paint.

You've got a pretty good base in what you have right now but it needs work to turn it from a drawing to a logo.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I personally love it. There aren't a whole lot of truly original Bulldog logos out there, and I would have loved for my school to use something original like this considering we have worn "Dogs" in brush script on our football helmets for as long as anyone can remember.

Update:

bulldogREVISED.png

As you can see, I made some changes. Worked on the stroke size a bit. Added a little more detail in a couple places. And I changed the collar color.

Thanks for the C&C so far guys!

It's a good start but don't be afraid to throw a ton of black on there. Right now it's a drawing, make it a logo. Put some more shadow under the right ear, on the bottom of the chin, and by the jowls. Can't wait to see the next update.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

The latest update looks pretty good to me. It's nice to see someone who consistently listens to C&C and to see a logo progress so far because of it.

Hopefully seeing that will inspire all of us to do the same.

^_^

philly.png

Archived