Shake up in Denver

charger77

Considering the way in which this entire situation has been bungled since the end of the regular season, I'm glad to see it come to a conclusion.

Granato in particular has been very poorly treated during this entire affair, and I don't see Sakic coming back, Olympics in his hometown or not.

From one of the best organizations in hockey to this. Ugh.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

my wife used to know the new GM Greg Sherman personally, he used to be the retail manager! now thats called working your way up the food chain.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

my wife used to know the new GM Greg Sherman personally, he used to be the retail manager! now thats called working your way up the food chain.

Craig Heisinger GM of the Manitoba Moose used to be the Equipment Manager of the Jets. Funny how these things work out.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Craig Heisinger GM of the Manitoba Moose used to be the Equipment Manager of the Jets. Funny how these things work out.

Then there was Bobby Ackles who started out as the Lions water boy then went on to be their president.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280745

Hopefully this works as the Avs have been one of my favorites.

-Dan

I blame Jeff Hackett for their struggles last season.

You know why they got rid of him, of course.

He's Jeff Hackett, not Anne Sullivan.

In fairness, though, I did hear Peter Budaj cry out "Water!" a few times toward the end of the season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Avs hire Sacco as head coach

The Avalanche has hired Joe Sacco to be its new coach and will announce the move at a news conference scheduled for 2 p.m. today at the Pepsi Center, team officials confirmed.

Sacco has coached the past two seasons with the Avalanche's AHL franchise, the Lake Erie Monsters, who won 34 games in this past 80-game season with 76 points, failing to make the playoffs. The Monsters won 26 games the previous season for 65 points and also failed to make the playoffs.

Joining Sacco as an assistant on the Avs' staff will be former Colorado defenseman Sylvain Lefebvre. Lefebvre, who won a Stanley Cup with the Avs in 1996, served as an assistant under Sacco with Lake Erie.

Previously, Sacco, 40 was an assistant coach for the Lowell Lock Monsters. He will become the youngest head coach in the NHL.

Sacco played in the NHL for the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, the New York Islanders, the Washington Capitals and the Philadelphia Flyers.

He played college hockey for Boston University before being drafted by Toronto in 1987. He played 738 games in the NHL, scoring 94 goals and had 119 assists.

New Avalanche general manager Greg Sherman, along with assistant general manager Craig Billington, will formally introduce Sacco at the news conference.

More to come on denverpost.com

LINK

-------------------

Another fan beloved ex-Mighty Duck up into the NHL coaching ranks. First Dan Bylsma and now Joe Sacco. Sacco was actually a member of the expansion Mighty Ducks, so he holds a special place in my fandom. Definitely kind of weird to see some of my earliest sports heroes start become coaches. Kinda shows how long you've followed a sport. Always brings back memories when those names are announced. Good for Joe.

Good luck Joe! (Except against the Ducks of course :D )

(Also Sacco is pronounced Saw-KO not Sack-O. Just for clarification.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Joe Sacco? Really? Why? Was Peter Forsbo not available?

In all seriousness though, that is a name I hadn't heard of in years. A below .500 AHL coach is a pretty big gamble if you ask me. Doesn't look too good for the Avs.

thecatch.jpg

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280745

Hopefully this works as the Avs have been one of my favorites.

-Dan

I blame Jeff Hackett for their struggles last season.

You know why they got rid of him, of course.

He's Jeff Hackett, not Anne Sullivan.

No, couldn't Hackett.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived